Anyone seen this? I'll be doing something else (usually listening to something in PodTrapper) and the Media Player will, at random, open up and start playing a random track from my music library. I will press "stop" and "Close" the app. Sometimes it'll work, and other times it will stay open and just start playing something else. Really weird.
    12-23-09 03:09 PM
    yeah, mine did this with the Sync system in my F150...I had to go to Options>Bluetooth Options> select the bluetooth connection> hit BB button> Options> uncheck A/V Remote Control Target

I haven't tested to see if it is still a problem with newer versions of OS5 and I don't use my Storm as a media player in the truck very often so the random opening was really annoying.
    12-23-09 03:40 PM
    Bump.

I found what it is. Apparently I am inadvertently pressing the play/pause button on my Blackberry Multimedia Headphones. If Media Player is not launched, pressing this button launches it with what is seemingly a random track. Really really annoying and stupid behavior.
    01-11-10 11:28 AM
    Use the device lock.
    01-11-10 02:08 PM
    You mean lock the device every time I want to use it with headphones with an app that's not Media Player?

There is no reason I should have to do that. And there is absolutely no reason why media player should start because I pressed play on a remote.
    01-13-10 04:15 PM
    yea,,lock it
    01-13-10 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD