Having an issue with when songs change for some reason sometimes the audio doesnt play, the song is counting along but no sound. Usually hitting the volume up fixes it but i know that should do that. I am using 4.7.0.90 also.

One other thing is i do think this is a wide spread issue, but while listening to a song if you have a audable alert set for sms,etc it pauses the music then resumes it after. Any word on a fix or if hopefully RIM will adjust it?

Thank you
    01-24-09 04:50 AM
    This happens to me as well -- although the volume isn't totally muted, it's merely really, really quiet. Hitting the up-volume rocker button fixes it, but it is a tad annoying.

At first I thought perhaps it was something do do with different bit rates on the MP3s I was loading, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. My hunch is it has something to do with noise reduction or auto-volume levelling, but in the end it's a bug. I've seen a couple of other posts where people have the opposite problem -- the volume gets incredibly *loud* when changing songs.

I also have the music pause when a message alert comes in, but I don't mind it -- makes me aware I have something in my inbox

No solution that I know of, and I agree I hope it's fixed in an upcoming update.
    01-24-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD