So I just got the Blackberry Storm 9530 today...ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! But it has decided to play around and choose which music and ringtones it chooses to show me.

I used the 8gb memory card that it came with and have already put numerous songs, ringtones, and pictures on it. When I put it in the blackberry the memory card will let me see ALL the pictures I have put on it but it will not let me view or listen to all the music or ringtones I have put on there. Sometimes it will show me ALL the music and less ringtones OR all the ringtones and some music. IDK WHAT IS THE MATTER...has anyone else had these issues? OR anyone know how to fix it?

Please let me know if I need to be more specific about anything...Thanks!
    06-20-09 01:55 AM
    It's pretty stupid, but the media card needs to be reindexed pretty much every time the phone is restarted or unplugged from a computer. To do this go to options-memory and bring up the menu. Select "remove media card" and then select "install media card.". This will cause the OS to reindex. Sometimes you have to do it a couple times! This is the only ongoing bug in this phone that really infuriates me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 06:11 AM
    It's pretty stupid, but the media card needs to be reindexed pretty much every time the phone is restarted or unplugged from a computer. To do this go to options-memory and bring up the menu. Select "remove media card" and then select "install media card.". This will cause the OS to reindex. Sometimes you have to do it a couple times! This is the only ongoing bug in this phone that really infuriates me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How many times did you do it ???? I've done it about 5 times, and it won't pick up my new files that I dropped into the folder. Any ideas ????
    06-25-09 12:24 AM
    How many times did you do it ???? I've done it about 5 times, and it won't pick up my new files that I dropped into the folder. Any ideas ????
    Usually you only have to do it once, but sometimes two or three times. Maybe this is too obvious, but make sure your files aren't protected. If they are then it won't matter how many times you reindex the card.
    06-25-09 01:29 AM
    If you have BBFileScout you can try and delete the BBThumbs file in the music folder. That will force it to redo the BBThumbs file and should clear up the music files indexing.
    06-25-09 01:43 AM
    ....make sure they're the proper format too
    06-25-09 01:58 AM
    Usually you only have to do it once, but sometimes two or three times. Maybe this is too obvious, but make sure your files aren't protected. If they are then it won't matter how many times you reindex the card.
    I've tried A LOT of things....even a complete handheld wipe, with no luck.

Definitely not protected. Unprotected mp3's that I run through my cutter app, same as the other 300+ ringtones that I've made that all show up.
    06-25-09 03:31 AM
    If you have BBFileScout you can try and delete the BBThumbs file in the music folder. That will force it to redo the BBThumbs file and should clear up the music files indexing.
    I am trying this now as we speak.

I had actually downloaded BBFileScout about 5 mins before I came on here to check this. I figured if I could see the folder where the stock ringtones go, I'd just drop them there. Maybe it'd pick them up better in there.

Update: Heavens to Betsy, it worked !!!! I got it !!!! YAY !!!! I'm super stoked. Its kind of a drag that you have to do that to get it to recognize new files, but as long as it works reliably, I'll live with it. I use a WM device too, and its got its own quirks.

For anyone having trouble, that is the fix that worked for me (hopefully it always works)

Download BBFileScout.
    Navigate to ringtones folder on SD card
    Delete BBThumbs.dat file.
    Go to Options>Memory
    Hit the Blackberry button, hit remove media card
    Hit the BB button again, hit install media card
    Hit the BB button, select save.
    Open up your Media icon
    Let it scan and do its thing. You should now see your newly added files

Thank you very much erasure. I owe you.
    Last edited by mexiken; 06-25-09 at 03:41 AM.
    06-25-09 03:33 AM
    ....make sure they're the proper format too
    All mp3's, 112 kbps CBR. No variation in format with them. Just the new ones I made and tried to drop into folder just don't show up anywhere but under Media>Explore
    06-25-09 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD