I am running .122 with Bell. It seems to me that my storm has a problem running almost all media types. Video either sticks or simply dosen't play...and audio is touch and go. Got a voice memo email today and while it downloaded quickly with no problems...I get the enevitable error, or unsupported media.

Is the .148 able to correct the huge media potential of this phone or do I have to wait until this 5.0 comes out? Try not to turn this into a hate post or a storm vs iphone. Other than the media problems, this device works really well. I love the Storm but I do want to have it work up to its amazing potential.
    Last edited by metz9444; 06-19-09 at 12:00 PM.
    06-19-09 11:55 AM
    Personally, I have no problems at all with media on .148. Actually, everything is better on .148. Is there any reason why you haven't/don't want to upgrade?

Grey
    06-19-09 12:13 PM
    Just never saw the need to upgrade. For the most part .122 works fine, but I will probably upgrade to the .148/5.0 hybrid from Ly this weekend since it plays all the media. Thanks

Alex
    06-19-09 12:30 PM
    Honestly, I'd recommend the straight up .148 first. It's an awesome OS. I'm just playing with this hybrid. It does run very well, but if you have problems when your running a hybrid, there aren't as many people out there to give you help. Even with the hybrid groups, they seem to update the hybrid every few days, so nobody ever knows what your actually running. I'm just waiting for the the next leak to come out to get back to a clean OS.

Grey
    06-19-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the advice man, Ill take it.

You Marines? lol
    06-19-09 12:46 PM
    Ooh Rah! It was many years ago. Ahhhh...the memories.

Grey
    06-19-09 12:52 PM
    Problems with the media player is one of the main reasons that I downgraded from the .148 OS. I had constant issues with songs starting out playing muted. I've seen numerous others on here who have the same issue with that OS. I'd suggest you give it a try though because I've also seen a ton of peeps here who are running .148 and have no issues. Everyone's phones react differently.
    06-19-09 01:01 PM
    Well as far as media goes, it couldn't get much worse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD