I just dragged about five movie files off my media card and into my trash as I have been re doing new ones to fit the screen better.

I added one movie file yet when I have media sync for Mac connected it is still showing the space as used on the card.

I did a battery pull and restarted the storm and then checked again with media sync and it is still showing all the space as being used. It is not just in Media Sync that it is showing as being used. When I right click on the blackberry on my desktop and get info it is also showing as being used

Anyone tell me how I can free up the space without having to reformat the card and reinstall my music every time I want to delete something?
    12-26-08 01:45 PM
    how much space is the Storm showing available. going into options > memory and then look at the bottom you will see Media card Total and then Free is that the same as what the Mac is reporting? it could be that they are copying from the memory card not moving off
    12-26-08 02:03 PM
    The media Card is showing 9.1 GB of space which should be more as my music is only taking up 982 MB. It is saying there is 6.2 GB used which there shouldn't be, somewhere there is 5GB that is being used but has nothing on it
    The Mac and the Storm are both showing the same data
    12-26-08 02:17 PM
    try formatting the card...
    12-26-08 02:19 PM
    I formatted the card when I got it just a couple of days ago. Surely I don't need to reformat the card every time I want to delete something?!
    12-26-08 02:26 PM
    looks like you do.
    try it again and let us know.
    12-26-08 02:29 PM
    Empty ur trash can. Should do the trick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 02:38 PM
    go to your media on your BB...press BB button>explore>Media Card>blackberry>videos (or which ever you are trying to delete)>press BB button>show hidden...

there you will probably see all of that media you tried to delete...I think Macs must create this...ONLY DELETE THE MEDIA YOU WANT TO REMOVE! I don't know what the .ds_store is, but I'm sure the BBthumbs.dat is used to create the thumbnails of the media!

Hope this helps!

Jay
    12-26-08 02:44 PM
    Ok I reformatted the card again which gave me back the space but next time I will try what Jay said

Thanks folks
    12-26-08 02:49 PM
    I found a bunch of podcast loaded on my phone that I thought I deleted, but after showing hidden file there was over 150 mbs of media just hidden on there. This was even after wiping my phone and reinstalling .83!

Jay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 04:31 PM
    I've noticed that after loading .83 i cant load new items on my mem card. I have been putting song, tones, and vids on regularly but now they don't show up. If i copy everything to the desktop and then formatt the card then i can load them back up but not just add a song on after that. It would appear that if i want to add a song or ring tone then i have to reformatt the thing. I tried the show hidden files thing Jay offered but no luck so far.
    12-27-08 01:28 AM
    I second Jay's method. When you copy videos to the Storm media card it seems to like to move the around a bit. You cannot see them if you open up the mdeia card in Windows Explorer. But it you use the BB explore like Jay says you can delete them to your heart's content.
    12-28-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD