I am getting this pop up on my phone "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. to correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer." i did just that when i hooked it up to my lap top and it scanned and fixed it, but i am still getting the pop up. i have taken the memory card out and rebooted the phone. when i hook the phone up to my laptop now i don't get a pop up saying the drive( how the computer recognizes the media card in the phone) may have errors and do i want to scan to check it. i did the first time and that is how i had done the previously stated scan. any ideas? thanks
    05-19-09 12:04 AM
    I've gotten this error before. Unfortunately, the only thing that fixed it for me was to format the card.
    05-19-09 12:08 AM
    If you format the card that would delete every thing off it right? So if I have to resort to that's I will be sure to back it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:12 AM
    If you format the card that would delete every thing off it right? So if I have to resort to that's I will be sure to back it up.

Yes it will delete everything. If your computer can access it, great. Definitely make sure to back it up.

P.S. I formatted it by going to Options, Memory, pressed the BB/menu button and then selected Format. Good luck!
    05-19-09 12:14 AM
    Yea... I was just double checking. Hopefully I still have the adapter to put the card directly into my laptop. Thanks for your help!

05-19-09 12:24 AM
    Yea... I was just double checking. Hopefully I still have the adapter to put the card directly into my laptop. Thanks for your help!

No problem. If you don't have the adapter, if you leave the media card in the Storm and connect it to your computer via USB and then activate Mass Media Storage mode, you'll be able to access the drivers individually. The media card is the one that shows up as BLACKBERRY_2.
    05-19-09 12:26 AM
    yea, i know all about mass storage mode, but the problem is since the disk check i haven't seen it come up... i will figure it all out tomorrow. thanks for your input man!
    05-19-09 12:57 AM
    so to conclude i solved my problem by taking the media card out and putting it in a regular sd adapter then into the computer, backed up the data on the card and then stuck the card back into the device, wiped it(formatted the media card) then hooked the phone up to the computer and copy and pasted the files back onto the card. not the best way probably but it solved the problem
    05-20-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD