What is the largest Media Card I can purchase for my Storm. I like the 8gb, but ever since I found out how to add movies to my device, the memory is getting eaten up fast. 8gb cant be the biggest out there, so what is?
    02-04-09 08:17 PM
    You can do a search to be sure but I read here in a past thread that the Storm can handle a 16gb sd card.

That's what I bought and it's on it's way.
    02-04-09 08:22 PM
    i think 16g is the biggest, but i heard they were coming out with 32g.
    02-04-09 08:22 PM
    I think 16 gb is the largest it can handle for now. I have two 8gb cards. One for videos and one for music. Granted, I don't have too much on them yet, but I've got plenty of room left on both.

I've got 8 movies on the video card (the shortest is 1:40 and the longest is 2:35) and I have about 3.5gb left.

I've got about 800 songs and 6 radio stations (from Slacker) on the music card and have 4.17gb remaining.

I'm sure there are many here who would say I've got nothing on there, but it's enough for me to be kept entertained on a long trip.
    02-04-09 09:13 PM
    I currently have a 16 gb micro sdhc card in my storm and it works great. The storm OS can handle up to a 32 gb micro sdhc but one won't be available for a while according to sandisk. They said the main reason for not releasing it yet is because there are few devices that compatible with this capacity but if there is a demand for it, they will consider releasing it sooner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 09:58 PM
    Though when I checked RIM site, only 16gb max was listed for 9530. I purchased mine from Ebay, Sandisk US weren't too anxious to supply Canadian consumers and Canadian Distributor in Montreal don't have it yet.
    Besides pics,ringtones,videos,music,notes (existing folders), how can I download App or games to the media card? "Move to Folder" does not give me the option. I can sure download/transfer music or videos but can't seem to download any Apps to the media card? Am I missing something??? This way I using up sd card storage rather than system memory??
    Any input will be appreciated.

zimer
    02-06-09 04:35 PM
    yep 16 but if you get 2 and keep one in your wallet you laughing all the way with 32gb. Plenty of films!!!!
    02-06-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD