Hi

Can anyone help?? I cannot seem to get the mass storage to work on my storm 9500. I lost my usb cable originally supllied with my storm so i pruchased a new one from ebay, its not an offical BB cable, and im pretty sure its not a USB 2.0 cable.

I have set the correct options in the device i.e mass storage mode support on, auto enable mass storage, also tried it on prompt. when i connect my device i do not get the prompt for mass storage when set to prompt and i no longer get the blackberry 1 & 2 folders appearing in my computer.

My question is does anyone know if this feature only works whith a usb 2.0 cable? it used to work i dont know if its the cable or problem with my device!

Thanks
    05-14-09 04:55 PM
    I wouldn't think that its cable specific. As long as you have a cable that fits into the jack on your phone and has a USB end on it it should work. Using a non USB 2.0 cable only means that you will get slower data transfer rates...
    05-14-09 06:00 PM
    Its more than likely your cable if you've already tried multiple USB ports.
    Some USB cables will not transfer data - but I bet it charged your device, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:01 PM
    Read post #5 in this thread, and follow the instructions: Storm does not show up in Windows Explorer.

See if that helps.
    05-14-09 06:05 PM
    thanks guys, i got it working, turns out to be a windows issue got a program to run on windows from another forum which runs a command on windows brought it all back within seconds
    05-28-09 03:29 PM
    thanks guys, i got it working, turns out to be a windows issue got a program to run on windows from another forum which runs a command on windows brought it all back within seconds
    What program did you use? I use an 8330, and I haven't been able to get Mass Storage to work since day one. My wife's Pearl works, though.
    05-28-09 03:55 PM
    Read post #5 in this thread, and follow the instructions: Storm does not show up in Windows Explorer.

See if that helps.
    thank you!!!
    05-28-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD