I am having this same problem - but only on my work laptop. If I connect to my wife's laptop or my PC at home I am able to see the drives. The link from above did not help either.

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong here?
    02-18-09 03:33 PM
    If wifes laptop and work pc see it, I'd guess your laptop either doesn't have the usb drivers for it, or sometimes there's a drive letter conflict..try going into device manager and see if there's any exclamation points indicating driver issues. In my case, I tried it on multiple computers and none of them saw the berry as a drive, even when I had mass storage enabled, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 03:55 PM
    Mayor! OUTSTANDING!!!!! thank you so much. spend 1/2 hour with RIM on phone, they had no clue and web was pretty useless. Only had a small problem getting *.rar file to open up, winzip did not like it so used a trial version of other compression s/w. Thank you again!!!
    02-18-09 04:50 PM
    Device Manager does not show any exclamations.

Weird thing is today my laptop saw my blackberry the first time I plugged it in - but only as a portable device. When I went into the portable device, I could see the device memory and the media card. However, the media card only showed the Music folder and Documents folder - did not show the videos - etc. I could use the Desktop manager to see it and so on.

The second time I had the BB Device Manager running, and it the computer itself does not even see the portable device - but Desktop Manager still sees it fine.

I tried exiting out of BB Device Manager and re-attaching the Storm, it still does not see it as a Portable device or nothin'.

Still in the land of limbo...
    02-19-09 02:41 PM
    I tried the pinstack fix (Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com)

This pinstack thread is one of the worst i've ever seen. It makes no sense so i'll try to make it easier.
    - Click on the .rar file in the first message of the pinstack forum.
    - Extract all files to your desktop.
    - Plug in your BB (DO NOT start desktop manager)
    - Double click on the "BB storage Activation new.bat" file. A Window DOS box will pop up and ask for your BB password. Enter your password. A bunch of stuff will happen and then it will ask you to press any key. A few more things will happen and then the same process will occur again. I did it a few times b/c i wasn't sure what was going on. After 5 attempts, i disconnected my BB. At first I was pretty scared b/c nothing happened and my BB appeared to be off and was not responding. Sooner or later, i was finally able to get it to reboot. Once it rebooted, i plugged it into my computer, and low and behold, the mass storage mode is working as it should be. FINALLY!!!

As mentioned in other posts, i am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. i'm just trying to help with directions. Good Luck
    02-19-09 03:37 PM
    I tried the pinstack fix (Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com)

This pinstack thread is one of the worst i've ever seen. It makes no sense so i'll try to make it easier.
    - Click on the .rar file in the first message of the pinstack forum.
    - Extract all files to your desktop.
    - Plug in your BB (DO NOT start desktop manager)
    - Double click on the "BB storage Activation new.bat" file. A Window DOS box will pop up and ask for your BB password. Enter your password. A bunch of stuff will happen and then it will ask you to press any key. A few more things will happen and then the same process will occur again. I did it a few times b/c i wasn't sure what was going on. After 5 attempts, i disconnected my BB. At first I was pretty scared b/c nothing happened and my BB appeared to be off and was not responding. Sooner or later, i was finally able to get it to reboot. Once it rebooted, i plugged it into my computer, and low and behold, the mass storage mode is working as it should be. FINALLY!!!

As mentioned in other posts, i am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. i'm just trying to help with directions. Good Luck
    I tried this as well - still no love though...
    02-19-09 03:55 PM
    your drivers for your PC to recognize the blackberry on the USB are missing. they should come with the desktop manager. your phone is set up correctly. re-install DM and media manager, everything that comes on the CD and then try it. if not then go on Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at Blackberry.com and search on their website. there is a thing called "knowledge base" that their tech support uses. they post reports titled "kbxxxxxx" (the "x" represents a serial number) and type "USM MASS STORAGE MODE" and see what you find.
    02-19-09 04:02 PM
    upon posting my last message i decided i am really bored, have nothing better to do so i went to blackberry site and found this:

View Document 0 41616732

this is the blackberry document describing mass storage mode and has details for XP and Vista. check it out. it is a great resource if you know how to word what you are looking for. (that seems to be the biggest problem from a tech support stance, users don't speak the language.) so come on CB and find out what it's called and hit the KB, son!
    02-19-09 04:10 PM
    Im running out of space on my phone memory due to apps and data..Can I transfer these files to the memory card? If so, how? I have only had this phone for like 2 weeks now..
    03-06-09 01:39 PM
    I looked at this thread and other I found via Google about problems using Storm and either Desktop Manager or Blackberry Media Sync and had no luck. But in an effort to resolve it being a phone or PC issue I connected my wife's Storm and it worked like a charm. I had all the same settings so it had to be something else. I had checked the Device Manager before when my phone was connected and I saw an entry under USB devices as it should be but did not look any further the first time. But because I knew my wife's worked I reconnected mine and check Device Manager again. This time I looked closer and noticed a down arrow icon superimposed on top of the normal icon so I double clicked the Blackberry Smartphone entry and saw that the device was disabled, I clicked the enable button and bingo it now works! How it got set to disabled I have no idea but in case this is you problem it is worth checking.

Good Luck
    03-13-09 03:22 PM
    alright guys.

no need for a new phone. i was having this very issue with my bold tonight. i received a warranty replacement for another issue and mass storage mode did not work on the replacement.

go to this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mas...59/index2.html

find the pinstack thread in there. go to the pinstack thread. signup(if you're not already) to be able to download the .rar in the first post.

run that program and you should be good to go!

you can also probably just google "BB storage Activation new"
    03-23-09 01:15 AM
    Well you could have knocked me down with a feather - the Pinstack "fix" actually worked on my 9500 after trying almost everything else!

I was getting worried I might need to take my third (and frankly almost perfect, as good as it gets) Storm back to Voda over this - Roxio worked but is a slow and clunky POS.

For information, seeing as there is a lot of talk on the Pinstack thread about using this after unlocking - my device was "as supplied" by Vodafone i.e. *not* unlocked and running the official .78 OS. It had never worked in mass storage mode although oddly enough my first one did. Funny old world.

Oh, and remove the last line of the .bat file - it's not necessary to repeat the process over and over, once is enough.
    04-05-09 06:51 PM
    Wow, guys. I just found this thread while helping my manager set up his new Storm, and I gotta say I don't know how you use this device day to day without throwing it in a body of water or out a window.

The click screen is so incredibly irritating. If you want to type on the far corner of the keyboard, god help you. It takes about 3 tries to get the click to activate while your finger is still on the right key. The letter highlighting is hard to see unless you have small hands, and clicking down is a chore. I literally wanted to press as hard as I could and crush this horrible piece of garbage in my hands after 10 minutes of using it. HORRIBLE!!!

The iphone makes the storm look like a corny piece of crap. I hear good things about the curve and bold though.
    06-25-09 04:05 PM
    try this before getting a replacement:

"forums.pinstack.com/f8/mass_storage_issues_heres_the_fix-96938]Mass]Pinstack.com]Pinstack.com" Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com

My 8900 had the same problem and the patch fixed it in very little time.
    Mayormullet, you are the man! Had similar issues, but this fixed it. Now shows up in windows explorer. I removed the loop in the batch file as suggested later in thread. Only had to run once and allow BB to reboot. I was suspicious about it being a virus, but same link was mentioned several times from several sources, so I thought what the heck. Glad I did.
    02-21-10 03:05 PM
    options;
    media card;
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected;

Set to yes or prompt and then save changes

I had to do this when I restored my 8830 curve, because I was not getting the prompt for mass storage and the device could not be accessed via my computer.
    03-02-10 03:01 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD