I've been using a Blackberry Storm with my contract sim absolutely fine.

However having just bought a Nokia N97, I've given the Storm to my cousin who is with Vodafone UK but prepaid.

However even with the PAYT sim card in it, the service settings are for contract users rather than prepaid (APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk rather than pp.vodafone.co.uk).

I cannot find a way to alter these settings. She doesn't want to use all the blackberry services, just wants to be able to access Vodafone live and obviously send/recieve mms.

She actually has one in the inbox that wont retrieve due to the settings problem.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
    07-18-09 04:07 AM
    try to edit at Options>Advance option> TCP/IP
    I dont know much about prepaid setting though

Update

I found it if you haven't
    PAYT Internet

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
    Username: web
    Password: web

This is our default PAYT customer APN for general internet use, and should be the default for any non-Vodafone or Live! related service (such as Google Maps, for an example).

What it’s used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse the web, connect to or send email from your mobile's built-in email inbox.

What it’s not used for: You cannot connect to Vodafone Live! via this APN (use PAYT WAP, below)

PAYT WAP

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
    Username: wap
    Password: wap

This is our default PAYT customer APN for Vodafone Live! and Live! based services.

What it’s used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse Vodafone Live!, or make use of any Vodafone Live! services, such as Mobile TV.

What it’s not used for: You cannot access or send email from device-based email clients (such as Outlook Mobile, or a generic Messages inbox), nor will non-Vodafone internet-based applications work via this APN. For this please use the 'PAYT Internet' APN
    Last edited by jlouang; 07-18-09 at 04:32 AM.
    07-18-09 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD