I feel ripped off the storm on all the commercials has cooler themes, wallpapers etc. It clicks perfectly (a little too louder then ours though). It has no lag what so ever it's blazing fast. And last but not least it never leaves fingerprints on the screen. If only everything they preach in their commercials were true.
    12-24-08 05:41 AM
    Ditto for iphone 3g. If they showed these things in real time they'd have 10% of the sales. Don't believe what you read (or see on tv).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 05:44 AM
    yeah i know what your talking about.. Clicks on Browser and *BAM* Google pops up like its on some 5G network and he searches some crap and *BAM* again!

Just like Emirel, or however you spell it
    12-24-08 05:46 AM
    Ditto for iphone 3g. If they showed these things in real time they'd have 10% of the sales. Don't believe what you read (or see on tv).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ohh I know I was just joking

yeah i know what your talking about.. Clicks on Browser and *BAM* Google pops up like its on some 5G network and he searches some crap and *BAM* again!

Just like Emirel, or however you spell it
    I know it's insane. I would have paid an extra 100$ to get a model like the ones they have.
    12-24-08 05:52 AM
    LOL...too funny
    12-24-08 05:58 AM
    i know i was drooling watching these commercials, but take notice that next time you see one it says "screen images simulated" or something to that effect. I never took notice to that on an iphone commercial cause i am a mac/apple/iphone hatter and will openly admit it
    12-24-08 07:36 AM
    i know i was drooling watching these commercials, but take notice that next time you see one it says "screen images simulated" or something to that effect. I never took notice to that on an iphone commercial cause i am a mac/apple/iphone hatter and will openly admit it
    Ohh I know, you can totally tell that most of it is simulated.
    12-24-08 07:40 AM
    but still if it was not a sim that would be awsome how fast the iphone and strom would be.
    12-24-08 08:26 AM
    the battery always seems to be full too
    12-24-08 08:42 AM
    mac apple iphone haters rock. im not a big fan either.
    12-24-08 08:51 AM
    It clicks perfectly (a little too louder then ours though)
    yeah i noticed that too...it's super loud
    12-24-08 08:54 AM
    As I was standing at the counter last night buying my Storm, I was watching the promo video. I know there are speed issues right now and am not expecting it to work like that, but hopefully someday.

Anyway, after about the fourth time watching it I realized that the simulation was actually moving faster than the user. A menu item would get selected while the user's thumb was still moving towards it. I thought that was kind of funny.
    12-24-08 09:06 AM
    Ohh plus there isn't any dust under the screen
    12-24-08 09:09 AM
    I feel ripped off the storm on all the commercials has cooler themes, wallpapers etc. It clicks perfectly (a little too louder then ours though). It has no lag what so ever it's blazing fast. And last but not least it never leaves fingerprints on the screen. If only everything they preach in their commercials were true.
    Which is why RIM and Apple were ordered to stop playing the commericals in the UK.

The US needs to have the same rules because what they show versus the product you get, is absolutely a joke.

But make no mistake, I love my storm. Its just not that HGH storm they show.
    12-24-08 09:51 AM
    Which is why RIM and Apple were ordered to stop playing the commericals in the UK.

The US needs to have the same rules because what they show versus the product you get, is absolutely a joke.

But make no mistake, I love my storm. Its just not that HGH storm they show.
    Yeah I agree. While I knew the storm wouldn't be like that, a lot of people may be fooled. Some things are okay to simulate but others you really can't.
    12-24-08 09:55 AM
    I have a model like the one on TV

Aside from the blazing fast browser.

Looking at the improvements in .83, the storm will indeed move at that speed. Maybe not at such a speed while on the internet, but in all other areas, I think it will.
    12-24-08 10:19 AM
    I have a model like the one on TV

Aside from the blazing fast browser.

Looking at the improvements in .83, the storm will indeed move at that speed. Maybe not at such a speed while on the internet, but in all other areas, I think it will.
    i just finished downloading jl wipe, .83 and DM to my laptop (i got a new one for work) and will be doing that at the in-laws tonight, nothing else to do there on x-mas eve. I usually fall a sleep and my wife yells at me for that. so this year i will tell her, well atleast i'm not sleeping
    12-24-08 10:23 AM
    forget the commercials! has anyone seen the Storm display kiosk at BB??!! All I have to say is WOW...I WISH my Storm ran at that speed.
    12-24-08 10:26 AM
    Same crap when you see a Big Mac on TV.
    12-24-08 10:36 AM
    My storm has,just like many others,crashed,lag tha f**k out,brought up the camera for no apperent reason,oh and did i mention lag like a biaatch sumtimes......But all in all i love this effin phone. I am a new blackberry user and am glad i upgraded from my lg chocolate 2 to my storm.

oh and tha issue with fingerprints and dust on screen can easliy b solved by an anti fingerprint screen protector bought and installed at the verizon store.

And can anybody tell me a good website where i can go and download free themes,games,videos for my storm either OTA or str8 to comp.plz and thanx.
    12-24-08 10:53 AM
    Wow a bit of false advertising. Every ad you see showing a phone says "Screen Images Simulated", that goes for print and tv. Did anyone really think theres would work like the ones on tv? Like someone else said have you ever gotten a big mac that looked that perfect in real life?
    12-24-08 10:59 AM
    Also if you notice- look how much bigger that storm looks in the guys hands....it's either a prop with a simulated display- OR the dude has really small hands...and we ALL know what that means! (j/k)

All joking aside. I have seen this phone on it's worst days, and on it's best days. and I'm faithful that RIM will catch the OS up to the firmware- and we will all be happy...joining hand in hand singing KUMBYA.
    12-24-08 11:02 AM
    I wish I was 28 again.
    12-24-08 11:04 AM
    My storm has,just like many others,crashed,lag tha f**k out,brought up the camera for no apperent reason,oh and did i mention lag like a biaatch sumtimes......But all in all i love this effin phone. I am a new blackberry user and am glad i upgraded from my lg chocolate 2 to my storm.

oh and tha issue with fingerprints and dust on screen can easliy b solved by an anti fingerprint screen protector bought and installed at the verizon store.

And can anybody tell me a good website where i can go and download free themes,games,videos for my storm either OTA or str8 to comp.plz and thanx.
    This site has some to offer if you click on wallpapers there is a site for our phone. (it's up at the to of the screen on one of the tabs)

You can also google Blackberry wallpapers and there are a few good sites. however- Crackberry seems to have the best selection.
    12-24-08 11:05 AM
    Yeah they are following suit with the food industry. Making the food look so good on TV and then when you go to the restaurant to eat it. Looks nothing like what you saw on TV so much of a let down and moment killer 90% of the time. There are a few places that the food looks and tastes better.

The US laws over this are so regulated by the corporations and their lobbying.

BOO to them sir I say BOO to them.

But back to the topic at hand. Yes .83 has made great strides to making the storm more responsive. Still has a way to go but the phone is a solid choice and a positive move forward. All new technology has its hurdles.
    12-24-08 11:10 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD