hello
    when i make a call, can't hear anything, i've notice that when i make a call the headset is activated when its not connected, also i press "enable handset", and nothing happens, i go to menu, and the activate handset option is not there. But, when i connect the headset, i can hear everything again.
    How can i fix this?
    03-10-09 06:08 PM
    Hi Trane, I am having the same problem, and it only occurred after I upgraded the software to version 109. I downgraded and the problem went away but a new one surfaced, this time I needed to plug in the headset to talk to the caller, but get this, I have to talk on the phone itself but not through the headset. Headset has to be plugged in, in order to work. I am sending mine back tomorrow.
    03-10-09 06:49 PM
    mine's having that issue too, i have to plug it in so i can talk.
    does this mean that i have to return it?
    cause i no longer have a warranty, am i screwed?
    Last edited by tranebwc; 03-10-09 at 07:15 PM.
    03-10-09 06:54 PM
    i think i may have fixed this, but im not sure, what i did was to make a call, plug the headset, the disconect it at half then mess with the jack input and it worked, now i can hear everything in a call, i don't know if you want to do tihis babepig before you return it, im not sure if it is a hardware problem or a problem with the os, since today was when the problem started.
    03-10-09 07:34 PM
    Just call your voice mail and mess with the headphone jack by plugging and unplugging headphones. Once its fixed it doesn't revert. It happened to me after upgrading and now its fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:50 PM
    Trane, I just got off the phone with technical support from my service provider. She walked me through a hard reset twice and it is still giving me the same problem. It didn't work for me, but give it a try anyways. Back up your files first before you do this:-

Options
    Security Options
    General Settings

Press the Blackberry menu

Wipe Handheld

You should have a 12 month warranty on your phone when you first bought it though...

Anyways, the conclusion is that they are going to send me another handset... *fingers crossed*
    03-10-09 08:03 PM
    well....isn't that funny! That actually worked! Maybe I should call them and tell them how you did it...lol
    03-10-09 08:11 PM
    well....isn't that funny! That actually worked! Maybe I should call them and tell them how you did it...lol
    LOL, but i dont thik they care about it.
    03-10-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD