So... this is a quote from the Blackberry 9530 Manual (the link if you care: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliver...one-4.7-US.pdf ) Pg 12

Make a call when the device is locked
    To perform this task, you must turn on dialing from the Lock screen.
    1. Press the Lock key on the top of your BlackBerry� device.
    2. Click Place Call.
    3. Perform one of the following actions:
    � Type a phone number.
    � Click the contacts icon. Type part of a contact name. Click a contact or phone number.
    4. Press the Send key.
    To end the call, press the End key.

Is this
    1) utter BS? ... I set it up as directed (Opions> Password> Make calls while locked = yes)

2) something that they forgot to remove when they "cut and pasted" the manual from another phone?

OR

3) just a mind game...?

It would be an awesome feature if I could figure it out...anyone using this successfully?
    03-01-09 10:02 PM
    It works that way on my 8830. When enabled, it adds a "Place Call" option to the menu of choices that comes up when the phone is locked and you press any key. I just tried it to be sure before answering. I don't use that feature.
    03-01-09 10:29 PM
    Holy *blank*! Someone RTFM!

Haven't seen the option myself cause I never looked. When my gf gets off my phone I'll check. I normally use bluetooth for all my calls
    03-01-09 10:33 PM
    yeah... there's no "menu of choices" when the phone is locked...just a "Screen is locked, press the lock button to unlock" message...

I figured it is from another phone and just wasn't removed from this manual...

thanks for checking, though!
    03-01-09 10:34 PM
    Holy *blank*! Someone RTFM!
    shows you what kind of newbie I am - LOL It even took me a sec to decode "RTFM" -
    03-01-09 10:35 PM
    yeah... there's no "menu of choices" when the phone is locked...just a "Screen is locked, press the lock button to unlock" message...

I figured it is from another phone and just wasn't removed from this manual...

thanks for checking, though!
    You may be confusing keyboard lock with password lock. There is no unlock button on my 8830. I have to enter the password. The choices are Unlock, Emergency Call, and Cancel. Enabling the "Call when locked" option adds "Place a Call" to that list of choices. Are you locking your Storm with a password, or just locking the keyboard?
    03-01-09 10:39 PM
    You may be confusing keyboard lock with password lock. There is no unlock button on my 8830. I have to enter the password. The choices are Unlock, Emergency Call, and Cancel. Enabling the "Call when locked" option adds "Place a Call" to that list of choices. Are you locking your Storm with a password, or just locking the keyboard?
    You're right - as soon as I added a password, when I push any of the 4 keys, I get choices...the lock and unlock process is still the same...except now I need to use the password - it is a little cumbersome

thanks - I'm so happy now!
    03-01-09 10:56 PM
    actually it is more cumbersome than that, so not as functional as I would like... but at least I now know what it is referring to
    03-01-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD