Arghhh!! Im so annoyed!!! Ive purchased a Storm handset from ebay. I am confused and in a heated debate with the seller over this. Heres whats wrong firstly...

No personal email setup - Enterprise only
    Not able to download the app world
    Instant messenger doesnt work

Also Ive ran a diagnostic on it which doesnt look good compared to my blackberry curve's (The storm is for my husband)

Ive searched and searched and attempted to downlaod various things that Ive read about with no joy.

Ive contacted vodafone who seem to think that the handset is an enterprise handset and this is why these things dont work?! Im thinking they may be right but the seller is saying not. Im stuck as to what to tell the seller as she says its not an enterprise handset! Is there anyway I can prove that it is!? Does this even make sense.... Im so confused!!!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you so much in advance....
    03-16-10 05:43 AM
    It could still have an IT policy but there are plenty of threads about how to remove that. You could also wipe the device and reload the OS, which again there are plenty of threads about that one too.
    03-16-10 06:39 AM
    Thanks Sting!

I have wiped it... I think!! Not sure about reloading the OS... Ive tried all sorts of things but Ive lost track now!!

Ill look out the IT policy as I know I havent tried that one!

Thanks x
    03-16-10 07:03 AM
    Just remove the IT policy:

How to Remove an IT Policy with Command Promt

You can also use a utility called crackmem. It has a one click option to remove the policy. Google it and download it to your pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 07:05 AM
    Ooo thank you!! Is there a way to check that the phone actually has an IT policy on it??

Ive downloaded the crackmem... what do I do with it now?! Sorry for being abit thick!!!
    03-16-10 07:12 AM
    There should be an option like "wipe handheld" but also, if you follow the steps in the post above with the link, it should remove everything.
    03-16-10 08:19 AM
    Thank you. I have definitely done the wipe handhelp thing. Still no joy, I will try the link above, thank you
    03-16-10 08:30 AM
    Please note, if it is not an IT policy, a data plan is required in order to get an option for personal e-mail and in order to get anything from RIM (Research in Motion) to work -- for example the instant messengers and blackberry messenger included in the phone, as well as download anything
    03-16-10 08:33 AM
    Ah ok... So where would I get a data plan from??!

Also, do you know how I can tell if the phone has an IT policy on it?? Anyone??
    03-16-10 08:36 AM
    You would have to have a data plan through your carrier, so Vodafone.

When you first got the phone did it have an automatic password that you couldn't disable? Usually I have noticed that IT/Enterprise handsets have password protection through the company they came from.
    03-16-10 08:38 AM
    Ok, things are seeming abit more clearer now...

I have never been asked for a password from turning it on to now. If I go into email set up there is one option only and that is for an enterprise email set up. It then asks for an email address and some kind of password/pin> Cant remember off the top of my head.
    03-16-10 08:42 AM
    It sounds like you need to have your husband add a data plan to his already existing contract. The Storm 1 (which you have) has no WiFi so the only way to do anything data/Internet related is to have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) plan through your phone carrier.
    03-16-10 08:45 AM
    Ok... Sounds promising!! Thank you!! Will try this, unless anyone else has any other ideas??

Thank you so much for your help
    03-16-10 08:49 AM
    Ok... did all of the above. No luck

So this data plan?? Ive looked on vodafone website but cant see alot... not really sure what Im looking for?! Id call them but I really dont know what Im supposed to say!!

Thanks again for your help xxx
    03-18-10 01:35 PM
    Just call them and tell them you want to add a Blackberry plan (Dataplan for Blackberry) to your husbands account. I'm sure they can help you. Should have been the first thing you should have done, call Vodafone. Since you don't even know what a dataplan is, I'm sure you don't have one and thats exactly where your problem is.
    03-18-10 02:09 PM
    I am confused and in a heated debate with the seller over this.
    I feel bad for the seller.
    03-18-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD