i guess i'll put my 2 cents in as I am a VZW Sales Rep.
    My store and myself sold phones on a first come first serve basis. I'm still making money by selling it out to an upgrade on the data plan and the renewal if you are upgrading. However I can see why CORPORATE asked us to try and sell as many to new customers as possible. If you were a new customer, walked into the store, would you like to wait 2 weeks for your brand new phone to come in when you did not have a phone to use in the meantime? Current users can use their current phones for 2 weeks until their storm comes in (shipping time has now been cut to a few days, it was originally 2-3 weeks)

Honestly, if that was not done somewhat there would be a lot of angry people on this forum upset that they could not walk out with a phone and had to wait 2 weeks for a usable device.

Again, just my 2 cents and an insider's view, like I said I sold on a first come first serve until they were out of stock, we received a random shipment of 10 units that went to all upgrades on wednesday.
    12-20-08 09:01 PM
    i guess i'll put my 2 cents in as I am a VZW Sales Rep.
    My store and myself sold phones on a first come first serve basis. I'm still making money by selling it out to an upgrade on the data plan and the renewal if you are upgrading. However I can see why CORPORATE asked us to try and sell as many to new customers as possible. If you were a new customer, walked into the store, would you like to wait 2 weeks for your brand new phone to come in when you did not have a phone to use in the meantime? Current users can use their current phones for 2 weeks until their storm comes in (shipping time has now been cut to a few days, it was originally 2-3 weeks)

Honestly, if that was not done somewhat there would be a lot of angry people on this forum upset that they could not walk out with a phone and had to wait 2 weeks for a usable device.

Again, just my 2 cents and an insider's view, like I said I sold on a first come first serve until they were out of stock, we received a random shipment of 10 units that went to all upgrades on wednesday.
    If they say that...no worries, but it's just the deceit that gets me.
    12-20-08 09:05 PM
    If they say that...no worries, but it's just the deceit that gets me.
    I hear you, and the deceit is what I am unhappy with as well. They should be straight up and explain that is what they are doing, so customers can walk out with a phone who need a phone, I'm sure anyone in this thread who were told that would understand, and would definitely understand if they walked in as a new customer and were told that they could not receive a phone for 2 weeks, only current customers could buy the phone. Those customers would probably go to another carrier with that kind of treatment.
    12-20-08 09:07 PM
    In response to this post, the Storms are not in stock for Insurance claims. You have to go through the insurance company to do so. The reason the other customers got the Storm was probably because they were new customers or upgrades. I am sure that the Tech Rep said that they did not have Insuranace Replacement Phones, just remember Insurance which is through Asurion, is a third party company, you need to go through them in order to replace your phone if You mess it up. Why would they need to lie to you if you have an insurance claim phone anyway? They do not give you new Storms for an insurance claim. And because they have a Cayanne those customers defiantly have priority, give them a break, really? You should consult your guide....Have a nice day.
    That's amazing...I knew all of that!
    welcome to the forum by the way!
    12-20-08 09:18 PM
    Its not just Verizon or VF... Telus is in the same boat.

The day it released in Canada i saw the news on intomobile website. started calling all Telus stores in the area to have them put 1 aside for me. I get told its for new customers only..... Right away i *611 the head office to find out whats going on and they told me that EVERYONE is allowed to get a phone. The rep told me to get to the store asap and hope they still have one left and if they dont give it up to contact him directly from the store.

When i got to the store they tried to feed me the same bull... "New customers only". I just had to say "Head office said i can get one". They didnt argue, just started the billing process

And here i am 1 week later
    12-20-08 09:30 PM
    I'm so glad I upgraded my phone at BestBuy and not at a Verizon corporate store. I had to exchange my phone twice (due to defects) and both times they had the Storm in stock and they only asked what was wrong with it before they swapped it out with a brand new phone with all the packaging.

My experience with buying a phone from Bestbuy has been outstanding...so far. If this keeps up, I will never buy from a Verizon corporate store again.
    12-20-08 09:55 PM
    So if you know about it all then why did you complain about it?

I went into my local Verizon store here in Colorado this week and the same thing! I was doing an insurance claim and I asked if they had any phones in stock and the woman said no. Understandable, but after telling me no I was waiting for her to set up my backup phone and I look up and see another employee walking out of the back with two of them and started to set them up for this guy!...I looked right at the lady "so no storms in stock huh?" (pointing at the guy next to me). She said they must have been hiding in the back...just tell me the truth. I would have been cool with it no big deal, I had my backup so I was good, don't lie to my face and then get caught with your foot in your mouth!
    The funniest part was after everything was all said and done, I was sitting in my car outside of the store going through my contacts and I look up and see the guy come walking out with his two daughter (looked like 12/13 years old) PLAYING WITH THEIR NEW STORMS!!! I couldn't believe it. They all hop in the Cayanne GTS and off they go. Give me a break, really?
    That's amazing...I knew all of that!
    welcome to the forum by the way!
    12-21-08 06:41 PM
    I went to my Verizon store to get a replacement and they said to call CS to get it faster, then 2 days later CS told me they will put a note because they changed policy and in order to get a new one, I had to go to the store. I was like WTF, a new policy in a matter of 2 days and it just so happens to be the two days that I needed to get a replacement. But no biggie, I went back to the store and they said sorry bout the confusion and CS put a note on my account. In and out in less then 10 minutes and waiting for a new Storm and also got a new clip for my phone.
    12-21-08 06:55 PM
    Happened to me twice. I was having a super hard time with my phone and was pretty PO with the way Verizon was handling it. They told me could go into my store and get a new one because they just got a shipment of about 15 earlier that day. I had the rep call right before I went to verify that they still had them and she said they still had 10. Great! I drove to the store, explained my issue and was was told that all the phones were sold out and that they could order me one. I was like WTF??!! No you won't! I need the phone now because I rely on my phone for a lot of business matters at its basically a DOA. As ridiculous as it sounds, another person walked in about 5 min after me and as I look across the counter, her rep was bringing her AND her husband out a brand new Storm. I was like, "Hello! Are you really going to tell me that you have no dame Storms you *****!"
    She played the stupid car by saying, "Oh! Wow I thought we were all out. They must have been on hold for them" To which I politely responded that that is Bullsh$t because they told me over the phone that you can;t out the phones on hold; its first come first serve.
    So I told them that I wanted to cancel my contract immediately because I was still within my 30 days.
    Lo and behold a Storm magically appears in the hands of the manager. Coincidence? I think not.
    Don't get me wrong; I love my phone, not to crazy of Verizon and how they run their stores.
    Just another day being a part of the Nations Largest Network =)
    I'm such a tool for Verizon lol better than being AT&T's b$tch
    12-21-08 07:16 PM
    it all has to do with the managers in that store. new customers they do this for so that the new customers can have a phone to leave with. the reps make no more money on a new or an upgrade
    Wrong, they get paid commission
    12-21-08 07:27 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD