I have two Blackberry Storms unlocked on T-Mobile. They both were done the same way and worked beautifully at first. Now one works as it should and the other is stuck on lowercase edge.

I have reloaded everything including three different firmware versions a total of 12 times. I have tried multiple service books, three accounts, and everything from calling T-Mo to RIM. Everything looks good on all sides but mine.

I can request Service Books or re-register the device as much as I want but I never get a response. I am at a loss.

If anyone has any thoughts I would love to know. My other Storm works fine on all accounts so it cannot be account related. I also followed the steps and redid the working one just to make sure I was not missing something. The last step I tried is using Crackutil to stip everything off to make sure I had not hurt something... No luck there either.

Any ideas?
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide...
    12-18-08 01:27 AM
    Have you tried going to Options/Mobile Network. Make sure Data Services is ON. Your Mobile Network should say T-Mobile of course. You can leave your Network Selection Mode on Automatic. Put Network Technology on GSM/UMTS and Network Mode on 2G since you won't be able to pick up T-Mobiles 3G. Also just in case make sure your TCP is set up for T-Mobile, which APN should be wap.voicestream.com

When I first unlocked mine I had some issues with my data, but eventually it fixed itself. I changed all that stuff though, just in case.

Let me know what happens. It is kind of odd if both phones are set up the same.
    12-18-08 02:43 AM
    Yeah I have tried that. The odd part is that it worked and then stopped a few days in. No rhyme or reason...
    12-18-08 02:10 PM
    not entirely the same, but i had this issue with the verizon service... had to battery pull, but i am sure you have done that multiple times.
    12-18-08 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD