Today I wake up and my lower left corner of my screen has lost its click press feel. I take it to verizon and they place a piece of paper under the battery and the click is back. Should this bother me in any way? I came to the BB world on the 9th of august and feel that after 3 weeks of use this shouldnt happen. They would not replace it as it happens to all storms (crappy responce to me)

Anyways...is this normal and should I let it bother me. I LOVE this phone and this kind of frustrates me. Thanks in advance to any advice i get.
    08-28-09 06:42 PM
    The piece of paper is probably used by most Storm users. I have a cut up business card under my battery.
    08-28-09 06:49 PM
    Today I wake up and my lower left corner of my screen has lost its click press feel. I take it to verizon and they place a piece of paper under the battery and the click is back. Should this bother me in any way? I came to the BB world on the 9th of august and feel that after 3 weeks of use this shouldnt happen. They would not replace it as it happens to all storms (crappy responce to me)

Anyways...is this normal and should I let it bother me. I LOVE this phone and this kind of frustrates me. Thanks in advance to any advice i get.
    I had the exact same problem on mine. i actually use an old credit card. way better than paper. The thickness is perfect. I ve tried all, paper, business card, dime and found a credit card is perfect. And the entire screen is awesome!! Night and day difference! Does it bother me? Heck yeah, but it wont be long until the Storm 2 is out.
    08-28-09 06:55 PM
    Search "torx fix" for a less jerry-rigged way of doing it. And that is a crappy response....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 07:18 PM
    I second the torx fix - just be gentle with the adjustments till you get the feel you like... it does a much better job
    08-28-09 07:31 PM
    Actually... Tighten to snug, then loosen about 1/4 turn. Done on over a dozen phones and works great!

08-28-09 07:32 PM
    Try all your options. I've read people that say the torx fix does not work then some people is does. As for me I cut out a square almost the size of the battery and works great in my opinion. I cut it out of a netflix flyer I received the paper was somewhat thicker than business card.

08-28-09 07:50 PM
    I am using a piece of velcro cut in the shape of a dime. It made my screen work perfect.

Didn't bend the battery door at all.
    08-28-09 10:07 PM
    I second the torx fix - just be gentle with the adjustments till you get the feel you like... it does a much better job
    Search "torx fix" for a less jerry-rigged way of doing it. And that is a crappy response....

instead of just saying search why not post the link as well.

here ya go since they couldnt find it for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    08-29-09 02:23 AM
    Or he could just reference the post 4 before this one. And stop being an ***- that's what got our last little conversation erased.

08-29-09 02:29 AM
    Me...i wd (& did) politely insist i wanted 1 w/click as it's designed 2 be & some actually r (mine works), testing replacement in store for click as well as call quality b/c both vary significantly across devices.
    08-29-09 02:38 AM
    That sounds like a much better idea!

08-29-09 02:40 AM
    Me...i wd (& did) politely insist i wanted 1 w/click as it's designed 2 be & some actually r (mine works), testing replacement in store for click as well as call quality b/c both vary significantly across devices.
    yeah we did know what I mean by doin that we did way. It seemed to fix most but still I not so sure why did how it work because so well.
    08-29-09 02:48 AM
    VZW reps must read through CB. It's amazing VZW reps actually figured it out the biz card trick. I do agree that the phone should work perfect out of the box but too bad it wasn't the case with some of our Storms.

I had the same thing happen but I didn't want to spend the time convincing those reps that my phone isn't working the way it's supposed to be. Found the solution here on CB, cut out two pieces of my old businesscard and that did the trick for me.
    08-29-09 03:39 AM
    I find it unacceptable to have to rig a phone that I paid for to get it to work right. My wifes storm just yesterday stopped clicking, I took it back and they replaced it. You should not have to except the business card fix, especially from a verizon rep. They tried that with me and I did not let it fly. I dont ask for much from verizon, but I do ask that the phone function correctly.Software is one thing but hardware must work.
    08-29-09 06:01 AM
    This problem arose for me as well. My screen would just have difficulty at the edge right next to the buttons at the bottom (not that such an area is used for anything since nothing is displayed). My co-worker told me to place two slightly folded pieces of paper behind and in front of the battery and it worked for me. Thankfully, I'm running a hybrid that forces memory to free on app close, and I have MeterBerry reboot the device early in the morning, so I only have to pull the battery when an application goes screwy and locks up on me.

Yes, it seems crummy that a $200 phone (when it came out) is doing this, but seriously, guys...a floating screen is bound to cause trouble. Just be happy there is a quick and easy fix.
    08-29-09 06:15 AM
    VZW reps must read through CB. It's amazing VZW reps actually figured it out the biz card trick. I do agree that the phone should work perfect out of the box but too bad it wasn't the case with some of our Storms.

I had the same thing happen but I didn't want to spend the time convincing those reps that my phone isn't working the way it's supposed to be. Found the solution here on CB, cut out two pieces of my old businesscard and that did the trick for me.

When getting my replacement on thursday night my store had never heard of this. I asked how many devices they replaced because of this and he indicated over 50 a month....
    08-29-09 07:02 AM
    Well good news. After reading all of these posts I got so frustrated that I went back to Verizon store and told them its crap that a 3 week old phone fresh out of the box has to have a piece of paper behind the battery. They went ahead and warratied with a new phone not refurbished. NEW! it already works better. memory after setting it up exactly like my other one has 47.8 to 27.7 on old phone. way happier now!
    08-29-09 06:29 PM
    instead of just saying search why not post the link as well.

here ya go since they couldnt find it for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    If you look at the post you replied to it came from his BB. I wouldn't expect someone to search and copy links from here. Not as convenient as on the pc

08-29-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD