I recently got a new Storm and it came with the 5.0 software, however I have installed VERY few apps and I only have like 28 mb free. Is this because of the new software? Also when I uninstall an app it will DECREASE the memory, plus I seem to have a slight memory leak, lose about 1 mb every three hours or so, but it will go back up at random moments. I believe this is all being caused by the same problem. Just have no idea what it could be.
    02-10-10 07:12 PM
    thats nth,,,i'm running .451,,when i reboot,,it goes to 32 MB,,,by the end of the day its aroung 20 sth...im probably gonna try the new hybrid .464
    02-10-10 07:42 PM
    Yeah I got the official .328 from Verizon.
    02-10-10 07:44 PM
    There is a problem with .328 where every time the phone is booted it will lose some available memory. 28mb is honestly really good for free app memory. Try not to focus so much on the number unless the phone starts to act really poor. I'm pretty sure it's an OS issue. If it isn't that big of a deal to you, you can stay on the official from Verizon or you can upgrade to one of the unofficial "leaks"/releases from carriers other than Verizon. If you are interested in that route, there are plenty of links around here on how to upgrade and where to find the files.
    02-10-10 07:57 PM
    Uninstall VZNav and VVM and you'll have more...
    02-10-10 10:51 PM
    is there a way to add themes and leave them on your memory card instead of the device memory? I mean I don't have much pictures just maybe a couple of songs, afraid to put any movie. I installed a theme and it does require a bit of memory to run but I'm under 15mb right now after installing it.
    02-11-10 06:14 AM
    is there a way to add themes and leave them on your memory card instead of the device memory? I mean I don't have much pictures just maybe a couple of songs, afraid to put any movie. I installed a theme and it does require a bit of memory to run but I'm under 15mb right now after installing it.
    Themes must reside in device memory to work. Delete unused themes for memory sparing.

Apps like Aerize allow archival of themes om the media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD