Anyone know when Sametime will be updated to 2.5 that will have 5.0 compatibility?
    09-23-09 11:02 AM
    Do u know where i Can get the 5.0.0.230 updated? I have the 191.

Thanks
    09-23-09 11:31 AM
    Anyone know when Sametime will be updated to 2.5 that will have 5.0 compatibility?
    +1

I am specifically looking for the Sametime BIS solution (not the BES solution)....

Cheers,
    B.D.
    09-23-09 12:12 PM
    Hey AgTitan06,

I drill into different spot around world looking for the same answer,..Its a daily ritual now,..but,..nothing yet.

Have you found anything?

This is all I have come up with,..
    Its version 2.0

h t t p://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/server/domino/sametime.jsp

It notes, as one of the BES reqs.
    BlackBerry Device Software v4.0 or above

I've tried loading via loader,..no errors,..application appears in the app menu but no icon, tried changing themes, pulls - of course,..still nothing.

Good luck.
    10-06-09 03:34 PM
    RIM released a new version last week that supports OS 5.0 ...It works perfect on my Storm running 5.0.0.230

Download version 2.5 here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...1D54CDC97BC1CF
    10-06-09 06:58 PM
    Thanks man. Clearly I wasn't looking hard enough or just simply not in the right place.

Cheers!
    10-07-09 10:24 AM
    I have installed it but i keep getting "service not enabled" on logging in. I am on BIS plan so shouldn't be an issue with connection. something wrong?? anything to do with BES server?
    10-07-09 11:01 AM
    I believe the BlackBerry Sametime is purely for BES. I know Lotus has a sametime client for blackberry for BIS, but it is not 5.0 compliant (at least, not 5.0.0.230).

I will keep looking.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    10-07-09 11:09 AM
    Hmmm?,..Sametime + BIS. I can't say that I've ever heard of a Service Provider having a Sametime server available for customers. That would be a new one to me.

Good Luck.
    10-08-09 10:17 AM
    It's for a governmental chat between government people and outside contractors/users. I had it set up on my Storm previously (under 4.7) but it was a version for the Bold/Curve and not Storm Specific. Worked like a charm. Had ST everywhere I went, so I was always in contact with the people I needed to contact, whether I was at a coffee shop, or working with people in different time zones who needed me after my regular working hours. I miss it now, as I got use to using it often.
    10-22-09 09:56 AM
    I can't believe people still use Lotus products.
    10-22-09 11:09 AM
    It's really lame,..and you wouldn't believe the number of big corporations out there that still use Lotus products.
    10-23-09 05:15 PM
    It's really lame,..and you wouldn't believe the number of big corporations out there that still use Lotus products.
    Probably the #1 reason why RIM still thinks "It's got the best Enterprise Push Email" system. Upgrade these idiots companies to Exchange and start using an ActiveSync capable smarphone and we'll see how all of a sudden the big companies decide to use the more cost affective products rather then pay thousands upon thousands for BES and the licensing fees that go with it. All that will be required then is just for some of the network admins for these companies to take off their RIM blinders for a second and really open their eyes to options rather then keep drinking the coolaid.
    10-23-09 07:13 PM
    Hello,
    You can find it at the folowing link.
    na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/im.jsp#tab_tab_sametime
    Does anyone know where I can locate one for the new Torch with BB OS 6.x?
    08-16-10 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD