I just got my blackberry storm last week, first BB. My questions are as follows:
    How do I get all the apps to close? When I go to switch app, it has several on there and when I go to them and close em, they still come up on the switch app tool. Is that just normal BB stuff?
    When verizon comes out with the new software updates, will my third party apps get erased when I do the updates as they come? And when I do the updates do I need to wipe the device clean?
    Last but not least, does making a backup on my computer with the DM also backup the third party apps? I tried to back them up with the sticky tutorial, but I can't find the file with the search on my PC.
    Oh, and how do I remove the apps that I dont use, like slideshow and word to go? They don't come up in the Dm.
    THank you all in advance for helping out a total newbie who doesn't want to wreck his nice new BB!

The reason I ask is because I am confused by all the information out there. So would someone who is actually kind help me out a little? Just trying to get a jump start! Thanks spaciorek! not
    Last edited by milesvdustin; 12-02-08 at 05:34 PM. Reason: addition
    12-02-08 05:24 PM
    Well here is a little help for you
    READ THE FRIGGIN THREADS ALL OF YOUR ANSWERS ARE THERE!!!!!!!
    12-02-08 05:28 PM
    Well I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING A **** OF A LOT! I thought I stated that in my post. I am just confused about it alot I guess. Thanks for being a first class ****!
    12-02-08 05:32 PM
    Well, that was not very friendly. :-)

I will try and answer a few, but I think that the previous point is that unless you do a lot of your own poking around, you don't learn this stuff. I have a week on the Blackberry platform and I have spent a lot of time trying things.

The app switcher is not a list of running apps. It is a list of the last apps you have run, if that makes sense. You have to close or exit each app using the Menu key to really make sure it is closed. Unlike other platforms where you can actually see what is operating in memory, I haven't found a way to do that on the Storm.

Don't know that whole answer to 2, but you do need to have a backup, which should also backup your 3rd party apps. Backup dump by default in the root of \My Documents on PC's.

The easiest way to remove an app you don't want is to high-light the icon (don't click to open) and press the Menu key. You will find the option to delete there.

The best way to learn this tool is to use it. High-light every icon, press the menu key, see what options are available. Go into Options on the Main Screen and open up each one and see what you can find. This will very quickly start to make sense to you. Don't get discouraged. If this were totally easy, it wouldn't be any fun, right?
    12-02-08 05:38 PM
    Those weren't terrible words, just filtered i guess. But thank you for the help i appreciate it!
    12-02-08 05:40 PM
    There will always be 5 applications you can't close . Your third party applications shouldn't delete after updates and I'm almost positive you don't need to wipe your device after an update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 05:42 PM
    To remove an app, go to options, advanced options, applications and highlight and delete from there. IN most cases it will ask to reboot in order to fully delete, just like on a PC. It takes a good 3-5 minutes to reboot so don't be worried.

When you search for your PIN on your PC, make sure you check off the hidden files and folders option under search. 3rd party apps should be backed up using the device switcher app in DM.

I'm also new to BB, but have been on this site for over a month. alot of info out here. welcome
    12-02-08 05:44 PM
    Thank you very much for the help! I have already figured those items out now with your guidance. Now on to my other quests!
    12-02-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD