Hello,

I'm running the .148 with no problems for a couple of weeks. I had a bunch of apps that I dl but I had no problem.. until now.

1. The "send" button just sop working
    2. The "camera" button (right side) opens the contacts... if clicked again it works as a "send" button
    3. screen locks for around 5 seconds
    4. can not take pictures... right button sends me to calls, and the screen button for picture taking does not work

I have delelted all of the extra apps (the only ones I could not get rid of are: "google talk", windows live", flicker", yahoo messenger",

did numerous battery pulls and did not work.. any suggestions?

thanks
    Juana
    07-05-09 04:12 PM
    sounds like you need to check and see what your convenience keys are set to do
    07-05-09 04:21 PM
    Hello,

Thanks. I did that it still showing the right side as the camera button. I had no problems whatsoever with the phone. no changes no apps added.

I did a wipe with jl commander, then i installed .148 again. no apps at all. still same problem.. "send" button not working, and right convenience button working as "send" button.an not tkae pics.
    07-05-09 06:43 PM
    hi,

seems like this phone is just falling apart... i should not have played some sad songs this morning...

Now. the landscape is not working. Tried making some calls and between the time I click the right side of phone (now working as "send" key) and the time I hear the first ring, it passes 25 seconds.. strange..
    07-05-09 06:50 PM
    I don't even think "send" is an option for the convenience key - I would love that. I hate to say this but I'm pretty sure you need to do a full wipe and install.
    07-05-09 07:12 PM
    hi ,
    did that. It did not work..

worse yet.. now I think this cell is possessed... I was playing mp3 while taking a shower. I noticed that it had some long silence between songs... when I came out of shower.. I saw that phone has been making calls to first contact entry by itself at the end of every mp3 ...

I got it "on time" and tried to hang up using the red button (hang up), it went back to screen with the dial pad and started dialing again.. did this 3-4 times until I pulled the battery...

i wuped it and installed .148, will do it again but now I will use one of the hybrids and see what happens... the funny part is that all of this problems just happened without a reason.. no apps installed, no changes on os, charge has been normal, quite strange.

Thanks

Juana
    07-05-09 09:46 PM
    Storm not crazy about showers. U might try keeping it in drier places for a week. If no change > replace.
    07-05-09 11:13 PM
    Lol.... I was taking the shower, phone was on a desk in the bedroom playing mp3 thru a bluetooth speaker in the bedroom...

its been crazy all afternoon...

wiped it again, installed hybrid, and so far working good.. lets see tomorrow
    07-05-09 11:58 PM
    I'll pray for u.
    07-06-09 12:04 AM
    There must be a demon inside that Storm of yours.
    07-06-09 01:10 AM
    are you still having this problem? I'm also running .148 and I am running the exact same problem. I just wiped and re-installed the OS twice and my send button still does not work and the back button acts as the Send button. So weird and annoying.
    07-25-09 12:05 AM
    For a while now I have noticed that my "back" button has acted more life the red end button. For example, when I'm surfing the internet and have gone to multiple websites and try to get back to the first page, by pressing the back button, internet explorer always closes.
    07-27-09 08:40 AM
    Just take it back to verizon and get a new one. They should give you no problem at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 09:03 AM
    For a while now I have noticed that my "back" button has acted more life the red end button. For example, when I'm surfing the internet and have gone to multiple websites and try to get back to the first page, by pressing the back button, internet explorer always closes.
    your key rate setting is too high

options>screen/keyboard>keyrate>

Set to the middle setting or whatever
    07-27-09 11:34 AM
    your key rate setting is too high

options>screen/keyboard>keyrate>

Set to the middle setting or whatever
    Thanks for the tip. I tried this and now the Menu key seems to work just fine. But the Send button still does not function. It's weird, my Right Side Convenience Key is set to the default of (Camera), but when pressed it acts as the Send key.

I told VZW and they told me to update the OS to the latest version, which I did. I even went as far as performing a clean install of the OS. It still does not work and they refused to exchange the device when in fact it hasn't been even a year yet. I have 2 of these on my account and both of them are broken. F*** VZW!
    07-27-09 11:52 PM
    Im almost positive your phone has gotten a little wet same thing happened to me with my 8900 when i used it in the rain each key was weird and would show up as different ones i had to just pull the battery and let it dry after about a day and a half i put battery back in and it worked just fine..... like i said my phone did exact same thing just try what i did it wont hurt.
    07-29-09 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD