Somewhere along the line I lost Blackberry Maps in my storm. I tried to reinstall using DM. It goes through the process and then give me a message that there was a fatal error and to try again.

I've tried twice with the same results. I'd like to use BB Maps with the new Weatherbug Elite.

I'm running .151 and I'm wondering if there is a problem with .151 and BB Maps.

I've done some searching but so far haven't found anything.
    08-03-09 02:55 PM
    BB maps works fine with .151 (on my phone). If you haven't actually removed it, have you tried looking in all your folders for hidden icons? Every once in a while, an icon can mysteriously get hidden all by itself.

Failing that, if no one else has any great ideas and it was my phone, I would reload the OS.
    08-03-09 04:50 PM
    I tried installing from DM a third time and it finally worked. Go figure. The problem now is that Weatherbug isn't seeing it. I'll have to look. I think somone else had posted something about that
    08-03-09 07:18 PM
    The problem I had with WB and BBMaps was that I didn't understand how it worked. Just in case your in my position...

You don't have to have BBMaps running. In WB, you go to the screen that has the weather map on it (like where you would look at radar), then you scroll to where ever you want to check the weather, then, first touch the screen over that city, then click it. You get (depending on WB version) a dialog box with Check Weather as one of the options. Click that and WB then gives you an icon over that city showing temp and a little picture of clouds/sun/rain.
    08-03-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD