Got my Storm today. So far it is very cool. Typing takes a little getting used to.

However, when I shake it from left to right, I can feel and hear the screen shaking and hitting the sides of the case. I thought it was the battery at first, but it isn't. When I put my finger on the screen then shake, it doesn't do it.

Anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Steve
    11-25-08 12:22 AM
    Common issue.
    11-25-08 12:23 AM
    Any way to fix it or is just part of the Storm "experience"? Is it a defect?

Thanks.
    11-25-08 12:30 AM
    wouldn't say its an issue Or a defect.. more of a side effect to having the click able screen. has to have some space to move.
    11-25-08 12:30 AM
    Part of the storm "experience" its like that will all of them.

They say its like that because the screen needs to rock to be able to click, which is a load of bull**** because my friend put something at the top to stop it from moving and it clicks fine...
    11-25-08 12:31 AM
    Yeah..just got my storm and immediately came over the Crackberry forums to ask the same thing...When im browsing the web (more so in landscape mode) and im scrolling and such i notice i sometimes end up pushing the screen up or down...this is due to excess space / super movability of the screen!

Anyone manage to get a Storm without this "feature"? Seems like it is how it is =(
    11-25-08 12:35 AM
    is your screen sensitivity all the way up? you shouldnt have to apply really and pressure to scroll, my finger barely touches the screen and just whips on down to the next part of the page. is the original screen protector still on and/or did you install another?
    11-25-08 12:47 AM
    I did not change the sensitivity..is there an optimal setting i should use?

I did not apply a new screen protector but I just ordered the pack of 3 from verizon that i was planning on putting on..

Thanks!
    11-25-08 12:58 AM
    yes. go to options -> screen/keyboard: scroll to the bottom and put swipe sensitivity on 6, and tap / hover both on 100.

if 6 is too much, you can lower it.
    11-25-08 01:07 AM
    Screen has to have room to click, therefore the small movement of the entire platform.
    11-25-08 01:14 AM
    Phew - though I screwed it up when I applied the GA to the screen. Glad to hear that it's "normal".
    12-02-08 10:29 AM
    Some people are reporting that newer Storms don't have as much of a movement as the initial builds on release day. Might want to get it replaced if it's a problem for you.
    12-02-08 10:31 AM
    Mine has seemed to get looser lately. Not sure what I am going to do.
    12-31-08 01:36 PM
    Some people are reporting that newer Storms don't have as much of a movement as the initial builds on release day. Might want to get it replaced if it's a problem for you.
    I got a replacement today and the screen moves more than my original one did. This replacement has a much more noticeable shift. The old one (shipped ~12/15) moved much less.
    12-31-08 01:54 PM

They say its like that because the screen needs to rock to be able to click, which is a load of bull**** because my friend put something at the top to stop it from moving and it clicks fine...

Yeah but normally, a button needs a very little bit of space to move. I have 2 Storms and they are BOTH like that. Both work perfectly fine. Put it like this. Match the issue of making ONE device with a botton as perfect as you could, as apposed to making THOUSANDS of a phone through machines and why its like that. Get it?
    12-31-08 01:56 PM
    I've seen a lot of them and every single one had a screen that moved a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 02:05 PM
    I bought my Storm on 12/19. The screen moves just ever so slightly. Maybe it's one of the "new" ones that you speak of.
    12-31-08 02:08 PM
    They're all like that, but some have more movement than others. I got my first one on 11/22. Just got a replacement yesterday, 12/30. The replacement, while better everywhere else than my original, has more side-to-side movement than my original. (Original made in Canada, replacement made in Mexico.) I'm not too concerned about it. It has more movement, but also clicks better than the original, so maybe there's some correlation there. Not sure.
    12-31-08 02:27 PM
    I've had mine since 11/25 and just now the screen became completely loose. I never noticed it before but while I was typing, it froze and for a while I was confused as to why the battery resets did not fix the problem (was seeing multi-colored static-ish picture or blackness) , but then I shook it a little and noticed the screen moves around like it is detached. I can push it in and occasionally it will load the current screen. I even typed half a text message on it. I think it might be a result of use rather than factory defect. Either way I have to warranty it and hope it doesn't happen again.
    01-02-09 12:27 AM
    My screen also has this issue. I found that my first phone's screen moved much less, or at all if that. I don't want to get a replacement because I am over my thirty day guarantee and don't want a refurbished phone that will introduce another issue. I have the screen flickering problem as well, but I guess I'll just have to stick it out. My screen only clacks around if i move it around side to side or up and down very quickly, other then that any slight movements don't seem to make it budge.
    01-19-09 12:31 PM
    My screen also has this issue. I found that my first phone's screen moved much less, or at all if that. I don't want to get a replacement because I am over my thirty day guarantee and don't want a refurbished phone that will introduce another issue. I have the screen flickering problem as well, but I guess I'll just have to stick it out. My screen only clacks around if i move it around side to side or up and down very quickly, other then that any slight movements don't seem to make it budge.
    Let's see, a refurbished phone that's actually touched by a human and tested, making sure it's 100% okay to send back to a customer, or a band new phone that is put together very quickly and just packaged and sent out.

Try a refurbished phone. It might actually be *gasp* BETTER *gasp*.
    01-19-09 12:34 PM

What did your friend use?
    02-10-09 04:11 PM
    What did your friend use?
    Yeah what was is, I wish to know too haha. Mine moves slightly when moving around the screen without clicking.
    02-16-09 03:10 AM
    Try this here. Dont know how well it works or not, but saw it the other day. they have an installation video at bottom so you can see how they work.

grafixpressions.com/blackberry.shtml
    02-16-09 05:33 AM
    Try this here. Dont know how well it works or not, but saw it the other day. they have an installation video at bottom so you can see how they work.

grafixpressions.com/blackberry.shtml
    that looks like it might help a lot
    02-16-09 07:41 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD