Well I went down to the local verizon store last night and I went to buy a storm for me and two other phones for my daughters for xmass. So I went down there and they had all the phone its stock and he rang them up and its was like $1600! he said I didnt have any free upgrades and my next one would be in a year. So I would have to pay like 500 for the storm and a crazy amount for the other phones. Why does verizon do thi> I have been with them for like 5 Years and they screw me over like that? cmon verizon!
    12-22-08 11:02 AM
    its always been like that. if your not eligible to upgrade you have to pay full retail
    12-22-08 11:05 AM
    While I personally think 2 years (actually 20 months on Verizon) is a long time to go between phone upgrades, you did signed a contract with them which indicates you get an upgrade every 2 years. How did they "screw" you?
    12-22-08 11:06 AM
    Huh? How did they screw you? If you're not up for your NE2, you don't get a discount on a new phone. It's pretty simple. Either be patient and wait for your NE2 or pay retail.

That said, they let me upgrade to a Storm 3 months before my NE2 was up.
    12-22-08 11:07 AM
    Sometimes if you have been with them for a while you can call customer service and plead with them - they can get you a one year price, or possibly a two year.

With the storm, maybe not because of the high demand.
    12-22-08 11:09 AM
    I paid a $35 early upgrade fee and got the Storm for $250 with a 2 year renewal.
    12-22-08 11:09 AM
    Also tell them you want to buy accessories.
    12-22-08 11:10 AM
    Well I went down to the local verizon store last night and I went to buy a storm for me and two other phones for my daughters for xmass. So I went down there and they had all the phone its stock and he rang them up and its was like $1600! he said I didnt have any free upgrades and my next one would be in a year. So I would have to pay like 500 for the storm and a crazy amount for the other phones. Why does verizon do thi> I have been with them for like 5 Years and they screw me over like that? cmon verizon!
    dude when you sign a contract, there are terms and conditions... looks like they gave you discounted equipment not too long ago since your 20 mths are not up yet. Do you think VZW should just take discounts on all the phones regardless if they don't get anything out of it. If they did that for every customer, they would go out of business.
    12-22-08 11:10 AM
    I paid a $35 early upgrade fee and got the Storm for $250 with a 2 year renewal.
    Not everyone qualifies for the early upgrade, you must have a minimum 12 mths on a 2yr contract completed and also be a primary line for billing... meaning if your a single line, you must pay $59.99+ for your voice plan, and/or be the primary on a family share plan. But you must complete at least 12 mths of the current contract to do it early.
    12-22-08 11:13 AM
    Next time try to understand the concept of 2 year contract renewals prior to signing the cell phone contract.
    12-22-08 11:15 AM
    Since when do most people go by what the contract says? Alot of you are being as*'s. Cut the guy some slack he is buying some presents for his family.

I would personally just call customer service and see if they can help you. Alot of times they can upgrade you at a discount price even if your not within NE2 time. Let them know your a long time customer and you are upgrading alot of phones. Im sure they can work something out. Ive seen it done MANY times despite what alot of these crackberry folks say. If you get a CS rep who does not want to help just hang up and try again, persistence is the key to a good rate!
    12-22-08 11:36 AM
    I've been a Toyota customer for years. I went to a dealership yesterday and they wanted me to pay full price for the car. Why does Toyota screw me like that?
    12-22-08 11:36 AM
    Since when do most people go by what the contract says?
    hello? mcfly?

i'd love to see that fly in court...
    12-22-08 11:39 AM
    Call 611 and tell them that you're thinking about switching to ATT, they will most likely accomodate you somehow. They did with me.
    12-22-08 11:41 AM
    $1600...gulp. I used my AT&T upgrade to get my Bold @ $299. Otherwise it was $649+California tax!
    12-22-08 11:43 AM
    Curious what line of business you're in? If you're involved in a product or service, care to share the discounts you offer?
    12-22-08 11:45 AM
    Call the call center and tell them u want to do an early upgrade and they will give it to the one year contract price i did it so i know it works.
    12-22-08 11:45 AM
    Really people? I think he got the whole New every 2 concept after the first post. No reason to have another 10 posts beat the same point in. If you don't have anything else to add to the topic please refrain from posting.

To the OP. Try giving Verizon tellasales a buzz. They sometimes have power to do things that others don't. I upgraded a month early to my NE2. Also one of my co workers upgraded early with discounts and was not due for NE2 until 2/2010.
    12-22-08 11:46 AM
    Really people? I think he got the whole New every 2 concept after the first post. No reason to have another 10 posts beat the same point in. If you don't have anything else to add to the topic please refrain from posting.

To the OP. Try giving Verizon tellasales a buzz. They sometimes have power to do things that others don't. I upgraded a month early to my NE2. Also one of my co workers upgraded early with discounts and was not due for NE2 until 2/2010.
    Maybe your should take ur own advise... You just put the same thing as the post before you!
    12-22-08 11:47 AM
    hello? mcfly?

i'd love to see that fly in court...
    Ive personally upgraded people early and gave them discounts to keep them as customers. Its done by all carriers you just have to ask, it really isnt that hard.

So your saying not one person on a Verizon contract has ever been upgraded early and given a discount early?

Yes I understand its a contract though what I meant is rules can be bent and they are from time to time in a situation like this. He has been a customer for 5 years as he says.
    12-22-08 11:50 AM
    DAMN yall cold!!! Gotta go by what you signed and gotta read it. Don't listen to a store salesman they don't know jack. One tried to switch some info to my current Berry took me two days and five BB techs to get right! Shouldve called CS first.
    12-22-08 11:51 AM
    Ive personally upgraded people early and gave them discounts to keep them as customers. Its done by all carriers you just have to ask, it really isnt that hard.

So your saying not one person on a Verizon contract has ever been upgraded early and given a discount early?

Yes I understand its a contract though what I meant is rules can be bent and they are from time to time in a situation like this. He has been a customer for 5 years as he says.
    so what? he signed a contract...thus, it's his own problem and Verizon didn't screw him.
    12-22-08 11:54 AM
    Thats right. 2 years is 2 years! I paid $530 for the phone with taxes. I know its pricey but Im not complaining about it
    12-22-08 11:56 AM
    I don't think people would have an issue with the OP asking if there's a way to get discounted phones. The issue is coming in acting like he's entitled to something. Verizon isn't screwing the OP.
    12-22-08 11:56 AM
    I'm sorry my fellow crack friend lol but verizon didn't screw you this time 1600 is a lot for cell phones but that the way it works maybe you could do like one phone at a time for you and your daughters when you get the money or simply call and see how they can help you verizon is usually pretty helpful with these things another thing you could try is going into your local mall and looking for like a verizon stand they are independently owed and sometimes will give you a better deal or try wal mart just suggestions
    12-22-08 11:59 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD