What's up with this...the "Lock" button at the top of my phone. i push it, phone supposedly "locks", yet I can still tap the screen and use it as normal.

Is the lock button at the top of the phone, different than the lock icon ON my phone's screen? I feel like the lock button at the top does not lock anything! Is it just me?
    11-26-08 09:57 AM
    my lock button works all the time...do a battery pull and see how that does.
    11-26-08 10:03 AM
    Yes, it's just you. Pull the battery and try again. If it still doesn't lock the phone, then you have a bad button/Storm.
    Mine does. It might just be your handset. When I press the top lock button, it locks. If I click the screen or hit a button, the screen comes to life, but there's a big black box that says the screen is locked and then the screen fades back to black.
    Once I hold the Lock button on top of the phone, all my short cut keys disappear and just my name shows up on the top left of the phone. If I press anything afterward, I get the screen is locked message. And press the lock button to unlock it.

The shortcut lock button does the same thing for me.

I did notice sometimes I just have to tap the top lock button to activate it, and sometimes I have to hold it down for 1 sec. But the phone should definitely lock once you activate that function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 10:05 AM
    I wish the lock button on the top of the phone worked as a standby, so the only way to turn it back on is to press the top button again. When it's on lock the screen keeps coming back on everytime I press a button by accident, and with a screen this big, it's going to drain the battery quick.
    11-26-08 10:07 AM
    Yea dummy me didn't know there was an actual button ha ha I had to do a battery pull twice.
    Yea rim needs to work on standby mode I know people are complaining.
    12-12-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD