First I would like to say that I know how to load an os. My question is, is it possible to load an os from a disk? Like putting an program on your pc. The reason I ask is that I have a friend that has been having issues with his windows installer not allowing him to load any os to his pc because of the MSI file not being found.

I have helped him out by installing the os on my pc and doing it for him. Now the problem is that some how his phone got wiped and he is no where near me to get the os reinstalled. So I have tried to help him fix the windows installer but nothing seems to work. If this is possible please let me know so that I can help him get his phone from being a paper weight. Any and all advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:56 AM
    my advice is to reformat his computer... Back up his stuff and reformat. It solves a lot.

Otherwise, I am not sure that you can.
    08-01-09 10:01 AM
    You'll need to get some specific error messages and also Event Log IDs and search on MS Technet for an MSI fix that is tailored around the specific errors you're getting. It's fixable, but there are so many possible fixes that without knowing what the exact specific errors are, I can't give you a link to follow.
    08-01-09 10:05 AM
    I was afraid of that. But I guess that I will have to do. Thanks.

08-01-09 10:06 AM
    @civic the error states:
    Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable.

It does not give a error code and that why I can seem to find a fix.

08-01-09 10:12 AM
    If it helps he is using Vista

08-01-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD