I just noticed that after updating to 148 from 75 I now have that little audible Blackberry tone sound when making a call. It wasn't there on 75.

I thought that was the way it was supposed to be on the Storm. I had that sound on my Pearl. Was it just a bug on my phone's software or was this a feature added on the update?
    06-01-09 11:09 AM
    Not sure which sound you mean? This is my first Blackberry.... my storm doesn't make any sounds like that even after upgrade?
    06-02-09 09:19 AM
    I agree...what sound are you refering to? I got none.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 09:21 AM
    I heard it when I speed dialed someone after upgrading to 148.
    06-02-09 09:23 AM
    i used to have a lil tone on either .65 or .75 dont remember but not nemore....:\
    06-02-09 09:26 AM
    Yeah there's a sound when you hold the speed dial...kind of annoying IMO...it's like 5 rapidfire tones scaling up and down.

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
    06-02-09 09:37 AM
    It's a sound that resembles the tones on good ole land line phones when you would hit redial. It sounds like the you are dialing the numbers quickly, and only works when you use speed dial numbers. I believe it's there to let you know that your speed dial has gone through, or maybe just for cosmetic reasons. It was not on .75, but I believe it was on every other update between there and .148, at least from .109 on. And it was also on previous BBs, including the Pearl, Curve and 8830, at least to my knowledge.
    06-02-09 09:56 AM
    ah, i now get it, u phone has to be on ringer to have the tone, i had my phone on vibrate...
    06-02-09 10:07 AM
    happened on .132 and now on .148
    It's pretty stupid
    f*cktarded actually
    06-02-09 10:11 AM
    I've had that sound on every OS version I've had. In fact, my wife's curve has it when she speed dials.
    06-02-09 10:26 AM
    Yeah there's a sound when you hold the speed dial...kind of annoying IMO...it's like 5 rapidfire tones scaling up and down.

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
    I know about this speed dial sound, and I dont really like it, but some people do. It doesnt make the speed dial sound when in vibrate or Quiet mode. If you want to permanantly "disable" it you can change the settings of "vibrate" or "quiet mode" to the same settings at your "normal mode" and use that as your standard profile. It is quite a hastle, I had to use a pen and paper to note all the settings I had made on "Normal" but it does eliminate the "rapid fire". I wish Blackberry made it easier.
    Last edited by WileyT123; 06-04-09 at 01:39 PM.
    06-04-09 01:17 PM
    I heard it when I speed dialed someone after upgrading to 148.
    I agree. It wasn't there before. I too noticed the sound when I held down the "2" key to call a friend and it goes that bah bah bah (not the sheep sound, the well... w.e you get it)

One thing I don't like is that it puts the sound on speaker so everyone hears, unless on Vibrate or Silent mode, and sometiems it stays on speaker.... so your call can be heard by everyone.
    06-04-09 01:44 PM
    This is nothing new and has been there since the original .65 OS. But, putting the tones over the speakerphone is new.
    06-04-09 02:01 PM
    im one of few i think that like the tone, is there a way to make it so it makes that noise when you dont use speed dial?
    06-14-09 12:34 AM
    Well mine doesn't do that. Did you try to reload the Os.

06-14-09 08:15 AM

Well it should... Did you try to reload the OS
    06-14-09 10:39 AM
    Lol@krm728 i wanted 2 reply...

Get audible speed dial on .148 & like it.
    06-14-09 11:22 AM
    I noticed mine did that after I updated to .113.
    I thought at first it was going to go n2 speakerphone mode but was relieved that it was just a sound effect.
    I wonder even now what was the purpose of it.
    Even does it when I call VM and there's no reason for that.
    I don't mind the sound but I do mind they put it on speaker...
    NOT NECESSARY!

06-14-09 11:41 AM

do you have any speed dials set up? Mine has always done it on all my OS.
    Hold down the 1 number to speed dial your voicemail and if you have your sound profile set to normal or loud you should hear an audible sound of the numbers being dialed quickly.
    06-14-09 12:13 PM
    Mine does that sound...I don't mind it. But my Storm goes to speaker phone for the first ring than goes back to the handset speaker. It is really annoying to be honest! Is that a common glitch or should I get a replacement? It only happens when I speed dial.
    06-14-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD