I switched form using my Zune to my Storm as my music device. However I have noticed that my memory is fairly solid until I start listening to mp3s. This wouldn't be a problem but after I stop listening to it the BB doesn't recover the memory. I had the box in BBM checked to let others see what I am listening to so I just unchecked that. Anyone else having this problem?

I did a search but it wasn't easy find a solution because of all the memory issues... Go BB

Side note:Also I don't let Ubertwitter run in the background and I have the updates turned off. That shouldn't cause a leak right? Or should I remove it and go back to TwitterBerry?
    12-10-09 07:50 AM
    Yes, I have see a drop in memory. Not a large drop where I would need to do a battery pull or anything.

When I listen to music I worry more about battery drain than memory loss.

Can't help with the Ubertwitter question though. Don't use it.
    12-10-09 08:04 AM
    I won it so I didn't pay for Ubertwitter. I'll uninstall it and see what happens. Do you recover the memory you lose or does it stay there?
    12-10-09 08:15 AM
    Do you recover the memory you lose or does it stay there?
    A battery pull brings the memory back.
    12-10-09 08:31 AM
    A battery pull brings the memory back.
    Of course. I was wondering if the OS recovered on its' own for you. Ah well... Guess I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks.
    12-10-09 08:38 AM
    Side note:Also I don't let Ubertwitter run in the background and I have the updates turned off. That shouldn't cause a leak right? Or should I remove it and go back to TwitterBerry?
    I also had UberTwitter and didn't allow it to run in the background. However, I noticed a constant memory loss. After rebooting, the memory would still not come back. I ended up re-installing the OS but not UberTwitter. My memory has only dropped about 0.5MB since last week, and I play all sorts of games, listen to music, watch videos, txt, etc. I definitely feel UberTwitter was the culprit. I had no other 3rd party apps except Pixelated, Solitaire, and Word Shuffle. I still have those three games and no leaks.
    12-10-09 12:16 PM
    Thanks! I just uninstalled Ubertwitter. I'm really hoping it will work. I'm trying to make my Storm bearable until I can upgrade in July. I do use Twitter though. Think Twitterberry would have the same effect?
    12-10-09 12:33 PM
    My memory doesn't drop when I play music. WeLl not noticeable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 02:14 PM
    Think Twitterberry would have the same effect?
    I really couldn't say. I just go to Twitter's mobile version on the BB browser, now. Sure it's not as fancy as an app, but since you didn't have UT running in the background anyways, it's pretty much the same. Just checking for new tweets.
    12-10-09 02:28 PM
    Dude are you actually noticing a drop in performance or just fretting because your memory is falling? Honestly I listen to music all the time and don't even bother to check your memory, but have no problems with performance. I am sure that the memory is dropping but I am not worried about it because it uses the memory to perform. After all, it is a little computer essentially.
    12-10-09 02:51 PM
    It's not really a performance thing. It's just my curiosity. The BB OS is so sensitive. I'm just trying to find the leaky apps like Ubertwitter apparently and Facebook. I find it extremely annoying to have to do battery pulls. I know all phones have issues now and then but I didn't have to go through with this with my WinMo phones, but now I'm used to push email Since I took valorian and jstrianese's suggestions yesterday and uninstalled Ubertwitter I have been between 30.8 and 31.2.
    12-11-09 05:39 AM
    memory leaking?
    12-11-09 02:54 PM
    its that damn rock music thats effecting your memory.........
    I was listening to music early today and my memory dropped, asked my wife for a quickpull and all is good!!
    12-11-09 06:36 PM
    No mem loss on my phone from listening to music .. but i cant remember what the H377 I was going to do when Im done ..
    12-11-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD