Anyone else have this problem?

When i get incoming texts from a friend who has an iphone... i often get a crap load of blank texts!

The iphone has unlimited character length so he can send me a whole chapter if he wants. BB doesnt seem to like this though!

I never miss a short message.

Medium length message ill get as a 1/2 2/2 page texts.

Long message i just get spammed with blank 1/2 - 2/2 - 1/2 -2/2 -1/2 - 2/2 ..... you get the idea!

The amount of blank texts i get seem to depend on how long his message was.

Anyone else run into this problem? Didnt find any similar cases with search.
    05-11-09 09:14 PM
    Anyone else have this problem?

When i get incoming texts from a friend who has an iphone... i often get a crap load of blank texts!

The iphone has unlimited character length so he can send me a whole chapter if he wants. BB doesnt seem to like this though!

I never miss a short message.

Medium length message ill get as a 1/2 2/2 page texts.

Long message i just get spammed with blank 1/2 - 2/2 - 1/2 -2/2 -1/2 - 2/2 ..... you get the idea!

The amount of blank texts i get seem to depend on how long his message was.

Anyone else run into this problem? Didnt find any similar cases with search.
    SMS on Verizon (other carriers, idk) limited to 160 characters.
    05-11-09 09:35 PM
    i have no idea what your talking about but the limit on verizon is 160 characters
    05-11-09 09:39 PM
    tell him to just send you an e-mail if his texts really have to be that long.
    05-11-09 09:46 PM
    Most Verizon phones have a limit of 160 letters as others have said. It sounds like an issue between Verizon and ATT. A way around this would be to have your friend sent an MMS message when the text will go over 160 letters.
    05-11-09 11:44 PM
    Most Verizon phones have a limit of 160 letters as others have said. It sounds like an issue between Verizon and ATT. A way around this would be to have your friend sent an MMS message when the text will go over 160 letters.
    That's pretty hard when the iphone can't mms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 12:03 AM
    damn iphone...
    05-12-09 12:14 AM
    If someone sends me a msg over 160 I get 2 texts

05-12-09 12:19 AM
    I wish it would just keep it going and send more then 1 text. I mean lod Crappy flip phones do it why not our big fancy touch screen blackberry?
    05-12-09 12:39 AM
    because the blackberry is smart enough to say "if the message is really THAT important that it has to be so long, then maybe they should just pick up the damned phone".

now if only the blackberry users were that smart...
    05-12-09 01:49 AM
    I wish it would just keep it going and send more then 1 text. I mean lod Crappy flip phones do it why not our big fancy touch screen blackberry?
    like its been said many, many times before send an MMS...unless, you can't...if you're fortunate enough to own a blackberry, use the app "BEYOND160"
    05-12-09 01:50 AM
    Verizon just limited the text, I had a verizon phone that wasn't a blackberry, but A samsung. I was able to send up to 7 pages of 160 characters worth of text on each page, but upon realizing how it work I kept my texts down to 160. I thought i just sent a big text, no. It broke the text into potentially 7 different messages and delivered them, essentially one on top of each other. I was glad i could get over 160 characters, but the delivery process was annoying.

As far as I know the amount of characters it is limited to is done by the company that is hosting your service, not the manufacturer of the phone, itself. There is no reason the Storm is limited to 160 characters because of what Black Berry did. I am pretty sure it just fits Verizon's specifications for their network.

Other than that I am not so sure what you're talking about. You kind of lost me. At any rate, if you need anything more than 160 characters you may just be better off calling the person...
    Last edited by DankJemo; 05-12-09 at 08:06 AM.
    05-12-09 08:03 AM
    Yeah �Beyond 160� will help you send out text over 160 characters but I have never received a text with over 3 pages so I don�t know about the blank text pages issue you are having. Are you sure that the SPAM that you are getting isn�t just actual blank pages?
    05-12-09 09:16 AM
    specifically the 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 blank messages before. I'm on verizon and my G/F is on NTELOS and I frequently get these. They're always blank and seem to have no rhyme or reason to them since she has a lower max character limit than I do. Also I've noticed that sometimes these can "get lost in the system" and show up days later from what we've been able to tell.

I know. Not much help on the issue, but i just wanted to stick my nose in here and say hey. Been reading around here for a month or two now and haven't really had anything to interject till today.
    05-12-09 12:00 PM
    I have a friend who sends me long messages from her iphone, it always goes through, cut up, and in order. Never had an issue... and if someone from Verizon sends me a long message, I usually get one long text to a certain point and then it cuts it off, but I get one message that is long, like 3 or 4 messages long before it cuts it off.
    05-12-09 12:21 PM
    HAHA yeah I forgot about that entirely. Damn IPhone!

05-16-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD