Just got off the phone with verizon tech support. I wanted a walk through on installing the upgrade correctly. I was told there is no ligit upgrade at this time through verizon. But one is in the making. And highly advised not to DL anything thats not straight off the verizon site.

So my question is... Where did the leaked upgrade info come from. As we all know many will and have gotten conflicting stories from different reps.

Can someone clarify please?

Heres their link: www.vzam.net/blackberry
    12-01-08 07:57 PM
    Nope... you got the right information from Verizon... they have not released an OS update as of yet and you're not *supposed* to install it.

Besides that, it works great and is easy to install. Go to the sticky at the top of this sub-forum and read.
    12-01-08 08:06 PM
    Just don't wanna f$%^%& up the phone. Know what I mean?
    12-01-08 08:09 PM
    read the first thread in this forum
    12-01-08 08:10 PM
    well... it really is easy... but if you want to wait for Verizon... rumor has it that the official release is later this week (read in the forums).
    12-01-08 08:11 PM
    where the leak came from is for me to know

check the applications digital signature and you'll see that its from RIM
    12-01-08 08:13 PM
    I thought it's against the rules to post betas. Why was it ok to post this?
    12-01-08 08:15 PM
    I remember my first OS upgrade.

I also remember the first time I forced a 507 error as well.

Don't be scared, you can't brick it... not with the tools available to you that is.

BTW, I love how all of a sudden leaked OSs are OK to be posted and info/links hosted on here.
    12-01-08 08:15 PM
    I thought it's against the rules to post betas. Why was it ok to post this?
    did someone say beta? what beta? where? I need a fish!
    12-01-08 08:19 PM
    Do we know if when the *official* update comes out that it can indeed be done OTA? It seems like 120MB is a lot to do OTA. Anyone know?

Thanks!
    12-01-08 08:24 PM
    Do we know if when the *official* update comes out that it can indeed be done OTA? It seems like 120MB is a lot to do OTA. Anyone know?

Thanks!
    The OTA update will not be the same as what you download to your PC. It will be specifically written for OTA upgrade
    12-01-08 08:33 PM
    where the leak came from is for me to know

check the applications digital signature and you'll see that its from RIM
    Dude you rock. SO either you work for RIM and stay anonymous, or you have friends that work for RIM or Verizon. Geeze,we are a bunch of curious crackbery fans.
    12-01-08 08:33 PM
    i said in other threads...not gonna say again though
    12-01-08 08:34 PM
    You must live off your storm, considering how quick you are racking up the posts. The great thing is, you have been very helpfully to your fellow adicts.
    12-01-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD