Alright....Im sure there are a few forums that talk about the good and the bad about the Leaked OS .230 for the Blackberry Storm 9530. Want to see what everyone thinks about it.

This is my Opinion on it.

Great.....no Amazing OS. A lot of features I do not like but very many that I do.

What I like
    1- Very Quick and responsive
    2- Flickering (i hope im saying it right). So much quicker then any other OS out right now.
    3- I dont know if anyone has noticed this or not but the battery last soooo much longer. I have been using my BB since 9am this morning and haven't had to recharge the batter at all.
    4- The Camera takes pictures very quickly
    5- Threaded SMS and MMS text....pretty cool...makes me think im actually using IM instead of just regular text.
    6- 3G symbol with Blackberry symbol under the service icon. Thought it was cool...something different.
    7- Able to make your own customizable sound profile.

What I dont like
    1- BBM 5.0 doesnt work and it took a while to figure out how to add BBM 4.7 but found an OTA that puts it in right away.
    2- Appworld. Why did it disappear?? Was able to find an OTA version that does work with .230 though. But from what I hear if you delete an app, Appworld disappears again.
    3- Threaded SMS texts. Yes I like it but I kinda dont at the same time. The reason is because even after you look at your texts its still bold. makes me think i havent looked at it yet. I do like the new symbol but reminds me too much of the BBM symbol for new msg.
    4- Noticed that even though i like the quickness of the camera its not as good as in the previous OS. The quality looked like it went down especially in low light settings. Hopefully this gets fixed soon enough.
    5- I dont know if anyone has noticed this but the sound settings are a bit off. when I have it on medium it sounds like i have it on normal and when i have it on normal it sounds loud. And well, you dont want to know how Loud sounds like....lol
    6- When you go to the messages. (where it shows every single message) fickering has an issue with newer messages where it slows down big time. anything esle underneath works great but newer ones slooowwww iiitttttt doooowwwwnnnn.

Anything anyone wants to add that I may have missed.
    09-21-09 09:15 PM
    where can i download this update for the 9530
    09-21-09 11:00 PM
    Totally agree . feels like a completely new phone worth the update from .148
    09-21-09 11:07 PM
    This isn't anywhere near the final product. The official will blow us all away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 12:38 AM
    Man I hope that official pops out sometime next week...
    09-22-09 01:12 AM
    this one blew me away. i love it. hate some of the little glitches have found but 5.0 is going to be a winner. very impressed!
    09-22-09 01:14 AM
    Agreed. 230 is great all except for the texts
    09-22-09 03:39 AM
    This isn't anywhere near the final product. The official will blow us all away.

I hope soooo....I freaking love this new OS Cant wait to see what the non buggy version feels like
    09-22-09 03:56 PM
    where can i download this update for the 9530

How to install 5.0.0.230 on your Storm
    09-22-09 03:57 PM
    09-22-09 03:59 PM
    The only thing that I dislike about .230 is that when I open a SMS conversation, it doesn't open to the newest message. Other than that, I'm happy.
    09-22-09 04:40 PM
    I like the OS a lot aside from the issue where I try to scroll to the latest message and I end up at the top of the screen, kinda annoying.

+1 on the SMS notification looks WAY to much like the BBM notification.

& The call screen dialpad not closing
    09-22-09 05:11 PM
    My biggest 3 dislikes (but still keeping it)

1. Accelerometer can trigger speaker phone on and off
    2. Phone occasionally freezes in holster
    3. Can't figure out how to turn of predictive text (even in landscape)
    09-22-09 05:15 PM
    My biggest 3 dislikes (but still keeping it)

1. Accelerometer can trigger speaker phone on and off
    2. Phone occasionally freezes in holster
    3. Can't figure out how to turn of predictive text (even in landscape)
    Check this thread:
    Turn Off Predictive Text on OS 230
    09-22-09 05:51 PM
    I love,

Speed
    Camera
    Pop up keys
    Zen with Today
    Battery life
    Flick Scrolling
    Improved options screen (mainly Applications)
    Working Themes

What I don't like,

Gmail app doesn't work. This is almost a deal breaker for me.
    Many OTA install sites don't properly recognize the phone.
    3rd party home screen applications don't update properly
    Screen dims/brightens at odd times.
    Screen glitches

The good far outweighs the bad, but doing without the Gmail app really bites the big one.
    09-22-09 07:23 PM
    As far as I'm concerned, this is far and away the best OS for this phone since it came out a year ago. It never should have been released as it was. The OS is actually pleasant to use. The flick feels nice, and enables you to scroll through lists much quicker. The interface in some of the Options screens is much nicer, such as the list of apps tools/applications. I like having threaded SMS, although I agree it is a bit bizarre how it is set up. It leaks way less memory than any other OS, and begins with more free from a reset. Themes work, as do notifications, which isn't true of the newer 4.7 hybrids. It boots quicker, and you can see boot progress. Applications that I use run fine, although I realize some don't work. It feels stable and solid, and it is much more responsive. In short, aside from problems with BBM5, FB, and whatever else won't work, it's fabulous!

If this is beta, I can't wait to see final. It should turn the phone into a homerun. Better a year late than never.
    09-22-09 07:34 PM
    I hate that facebook doesn't work ;-)

09-22-09 10:23 PM
    I love,
    What I don't like,

Gmail app doesn't work. This is almost a deal breaker for me.
    Many OTA install sites don't properly recognize the phone.
    3rd party home screen applications don't update properly
    Screen dims/brightens at odd times.
    Screen glitches

The good far outweighs the bad, but doing without the Gmail app really bites the big one.
    The Enhanced GMail Plugin is built in to the OS. It basically has the same functions as the app, but is integrated.
    09-22-09 11:36 PM
    What I dont like
    2- Appworld. Why did it disappear?? Was able to find an OTA version that does work with .230 though. But from what I hear if you delete an app, Appworld disappears again.
    See my sig for the files you need for .230 compatible AppWorld (CTRL+F and search for AppWorld in the first post).

My only gripe with the Storm in general is that it isn't as much of a touch screen device as it is a glorified trackpad display that simply scrolls through the BB menu and once in a while is used to click buttons all over the screen. A future OS with more touch screen gestures like what the iPhone possesses to limit the use of the BB menu would be awesome.
    09-22-09 11:41 PM
    Don't like how BBM5 doesn't work.
    Don't like how MeterBerry doesn't work.
    Don't like how speaker is overly loud and distorted.
    09-22-09 11:42 PM
    I hate that facebook doesn't work ;-)

Why the ? Because you know it works? Right?
    09-23-09 12:09 AM
    I downgraded back to 148 in less than a day. Too many little annoyances and apps not working. 148 may not be the eye candy that 230 is but at least stuff work.

09-23-09 12:20 AM
    I downgraded back to 148 in less than a day. Too many little annoyances and apps not working. 148 may not be the eye candy that 230 is but at least stuff work.

Well for one you didn't let the OS settle. What annoyances are you talking about?
    09-23-09 12:22 AM
    Does the video camera and youtube app work on .230?
    09-23-09 12:23 AM
    Does the video camera and youtube app work on .230?
    Yes, both do.
    09-23-09 12:24 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD