Had my first storm for 15 days, the thing started locking up all the time and battery pulls were an hourly thing. Friday it was replaced at Verizon. The first storm I had was built on 01-14-09 in Canada. This one was built on 03-02-09 also in Canada. My only complaint is that all four sides of the screen leak light. My first one didn�t do that. Does this issue alone constitute another replacement, or should I just get over it already? It kind of bugs me considering that I paid full boat for the phone.
    03-08-09 08:55 AM
    Had my first storm for 15 days, the thing started locking up all the time and battery pulls were an hourly thing. Friday it was replaced at Verizon. The first storm I had was built on 01-14-09 in Canada. This one was built on 03-02-09 also in Canada. My only complaint is that all four sides of the screen leak light. My first one didn�t do that. Does this issue alone constitute another replacement, or should I just get over it already? It kind of bugs me considering that I paid full boat for the phone.
    Perhaps you have bought a defected phone. You should take it back to the store ASAP to get a new one.
    03-08-09 09:04 AM
    Does this leaking mean I will also have the dust problem soon?
    03-08-09 09:13 AM
    Does this leaking mean I will also have the dust problem soon?
    Maybe, maybe not. But I would definitely put money on saying Yes, you will have a quicker/bigger dust problem: just depends on how you use it and where you store it (ie, pants pocket or holster, etc etc).

All of these phones will get dust under the screen because of the space between the screen and the case of the phone itself (where you see light, obviously) and where you see a larger gap, easier access for dust/dirt/whatever. If you put it in your pocket a lot, you'll get lint in it quickly along with whatever dust particles eventually.

Hope that helps your decision, I would take it back, I did to mine because the gap eventually let in a lot of dust/dirt and now my 2nd storm has done the same. It's inevitable but light leaking was significantly reduced from my 1st to 2nd storm.

GL
    03-08-09 09:39 AM
    I guess that I will be one storm number three then, thanks
    03-08-09 09:49 AM
    I have light and no dust
    Storm is a month old
    No issues with the phone
    Running 109

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 10:37 AM
    Heck I'm running .75 and I had no issues. The only problem is the occasional reboot. No dust or light leak. I guess I must be lucky. Phone was made 1 25 09 in Mexico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD