Storm 1 (9530), lt blue LG Chocolate, both Verizon. Storm has never been registered - gave it to my daughter and helped her set it up (she will travel overseas soon). Storm Phone and features (email, text, etc.) all work fine.

She went to Verizon and asked them to xfer her contacts from the LG Chocolate to her Storm. They attempted 3 times, but said the Storm had something on it preventing them from completing the upload.

Never heard of any such nonsense before, and my Moto to Storm xfer nearly 18 mos ago was done in a couple minutes.

Anyone have an idea or suggestion of what setting or other feature might be enabled/needing disabling/etc to allow x-fer?

Micro USB port is fine - connects to laptop and to charger and charges, etc.

Thanks.
    04-18-10 07:10 PM
    why not just use backup assistant
    04-18-10 07:31 PM
    She tried that first, but it did not work....and I was not present to figure out what went wrong. Just thought the easiest thing was at the VZN store, as I did before, but something was either wrong with the tech at VZN or something is stopping the Storm from accepting it.
    04-18-10 07:33 PM
    Try using DM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 07:34 PM
    Thanks...but the issue is FIRST getting the contacts off the LG Chocolate. DM has nothing to do with that side of things.
    04-18-10 07:36 PM
    Back up assistant wont work because the blackberrys dont have that. What might have happened is the device they were using wasnt working properly. And if there is something preventing it calling bb support they can trouble shoot and reset the phone
    04-18-10 07:40 PM
    Back up assistant wont work because the blackberrys dont have that. What might have happened is the device they were using wasnt working properly. And if there is something preventing it calling bb support they can trouble shoot and reset the phone
    Verizon BlackBerry Contacts “Backup Assistant” Coming March 9th – BerryReview

Actually, it does exist.

Anyway, to the OP... did you ever have that BB attached to a BES? If not (and there's no BES Policy on there blocking this), I find it hard that they can't transfer the contacts from one phone to the other with their onsite contacts transfer machine.
    04-18-10 09:44 PM
    the should be able to transfer it I transferred bb to dumbphones and vice versa all the time. shouldn't be a problem and the back-up assistant just became available on BB with the new 5.0 OS but the other OS doesn't have it. I downgraded and lost the back-up assistant when I went back to the 4.7
    04-18-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD