It would be a good idea that everybody write down the unlock code received from verizon wireless for the BB Storm to see if it is the same.
    12-01-08 10:11 PM
    Its not the same, it is based on the IMEI/ESN. If you looked at enough ESN and the corresponding unlock codes you could theoretically write an algorythym that could generate unlock codes.

That's theoretically. It can be done, but it's not easy.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 10:21 PM
    I have seen two post from different persons with the same code
    12-01-08 10:24 PM
    I called Verizon yesterday about some unrelated account issues, and I mentioned unlocking my Storm since I will be traveling overseas. He said no problem they just needed the long number off of the SIM card and then a procedure would be done (I'm guessing the one people have posted on here). My question is, and someone has already received unlock code will need to verify, is the unlock code you received from Verizon the same as the long number listed on your SIM card? Can someone verify this, so calling Verizon may not even be needed.
    12-02-08 01:01 PM
    I hare read two differents posts from differents people where they give the unlock code and it is the same.
    This is the number I found, but I suggest not to use it until many people confirm it.
    DO NOT TRY IT UNTIL MANY PEOPLE CONFIRM IT.
    If you fail the unlock code many times, the phone gets hard locked.
    12-02-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD