STORM 9530
    .75 OS
    (WITH-IN 30 DAYS)

DISCREPANCY: Red LED light will not blink to notify me when I receive a text or phone message. Red light only comes on when shutting phone off and on or battery pull.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
    1) SMS/Menu/Message Alerts/SMS Text or Phone/LED is ON.
    2) Battery pull been done.

CORRECTION ACTION:
    I'm with-in my 30 days, so only option would be to ask for another storm. I should not have to upgrade to a leak OS to make this phone notify me, I don't like the fact that I have to touch the screen to see If I have a message, that's the purpose of the LED red light. ANY OTHER IDEA'S?
    02-09-09 10:28 AM
    I took mine back for the same issue and got another Storm. This one's now doing the same thing for SMS/MMS only, so it's gotta be a software issue. Others have told me that it's a .75 issue and later leaked OS's don't have this problem. You probably get a red LED when receiving mail though, right?

Taking it back won't fix the LED issue.
    02-09-09 11:03 AM
    i have a problem with my sounds not coming through. i assume it's the OS and will eventually get worked out. i'm sure the LED is the same. you could install BBlight to take place of your led...
    02-09-09 11:48 AM
    I took mine back for the same issue and got another Storm. This one's now doing the same thing for SMS/MMS only, so it's gotta be a software issue. Others have told me that it's a .75 issue and later leaked OS's don't have this problem. You probably get a red LED when receiving mail though, right?

Taking it back won't fix the LED issue.
    Thanks Todd M. for responding back.
    I have'nt linked my email with my storm. My wife's storm LED is working in all the areas of messanging, including email. So I won't replace the storm, maybe I will check out that BBalert app.
    02-09-09 12:26 PM
    Thanks Todd M. for responding back.
    I have'nt linked my email with my storm. My wife's storm LED is working in all the areas of messanging, including email. So I won't replace the storm, maybe I will check out that BBalert app.

No problem. Let me know if you do that BBAlert thing and how it works. Might do it if you have good luck with it.
    02-09-09 12:34 PM
    Lol Your In Bedside Mode!!!! Check Your Alarm Settings
    02-09-09 12:42 PM
    Lol Your In Bedside Mode!!!! Check Your Alarm Settings
    At first I thought you were on the right track..
    I checked clock/menu/enter bedside mode is showing
    so I'm not in bed side mode, nice try!!!
    02-09-09 12:53 PM
    What sound profile are you using? That affects your alerts and LED operation...
    02-09-09 02:11 PM
    I had the same problem and the sound profile was the culprit. I am running .99.
    02-09-09 02:25 PM
    What sound profile are you using? That affects your alerts and LED operation...
    I am running the 'Normal' sound profile and the LED doesn't show for SMS/MMS. When switching to a Custom profile I made to silence all events and only vibrate/LED notification, it works. Moving back to the built-in "Normal" one renders the LED inop for SMS/MMS.

I'd like to think it's the profile, but it doesn't work under any built in profile. I deleted my custom one to see if that was the culprit, and it still doesn't work (only for SMS/MMS) under built-in profiles.

Doesn't make sense, does it?
    02-09-09 03:28 PM
    i would most def go ahead and get it replaced anyways. Since you are within your 30DAY worry free Guarentee they offer.
    02-09-09 03:29 PM
    I am running the 'Normal' sound profile and the LED doesn't show for SMS/MMS. When switching to a Custom profile I made to silence all events and only vibrate/LED notification, it works. Moving back to the built-in "Normal" one renders the LED inop for SMS/MMS.

I'd like to think it's the profile, but it doesn't work under any built in profile. I deleted my custom one to see if that was the culprit, and it still doesn't work (only for SMS/MMS) under built-in profiles.

Doesn't make sense, does it?
    OK Todd M.
    I think I found something here. My red LED light is working again. Follow along:
    click on sound app./set contact alerts/
    I had my wife and other contacts (4 others) listed in that drop down window, I deleted those contacts in that window, now my LED is working. Go figure!! I don't know how those names got on that list, but hey, its working....
    02-09-09 04:28 PM
    OK Todd M.
    I think I found something here. My red LED light is working again. Follow along:
    click on sound app./set contact alerts/
    I had my wife and other contacts (4 others) listed in that drop down window, I deleted those contacts in that window, now my LED is working. Go figure!! I don't know how those names got on that list, but hey, its working....
    I might try that. I have a few in there (primarily used for custom ringtones per contact) that I could delete to see if that works. I made sure that in the 'message' section of each contact that the LED was listed as 'On' instead of 'Active Profile'. This makes sense that this could be causing issues with the LED.

Thanks for the info and I will give it a chance if it continues.
    02-09-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD