James just received information from Kevin...

Leaked: Latest Verizon Talk Up A Storm Document | CrackBerry.com

It's stuff we already know, so don't get too excited.

Talk Up A Storm: Snap, Record and Share

When we launch the world’s first touch-screen BlackBerry – the Storm – it will boast a 3.2 megapixel camera.

Storm's high-quality camera and camcorder, along with BlackBerry's reliable email features, make it the perfect device for anyone who wants to carry a mobile phone, camera and laptop all in one device.

And don't forget, it all runs only on America's Largest 3G Network – because a device is only as good as the network it's on.

A look at what makes the Storm's camera and camcorder features unique:

Talk Up A Storm - 3.2 Megapixel Camera and Camcorder

* Snap and Share – Customers can use the high-quality 3.2 megapixel camera to take pictures and record videos wherever they are and then share their pictures and videos with others via picture messaging

* Upload to Facebook and Flickr – Customers can upload pictures they take with the Storm to the popular social networking applications Facebook and Flickr, which are preloaded on the Storm right out of the box.

* Record Video – Customers can record video in the normal (240 x 180) format that can be stored on the 8GB MicroSD card included in the Storm box (an 8 GB SanDisk microSD memory card comes pre-installed in the BlackBerry Storm), or customers can switch to MMS mode and record 30 second clips that can be sent via picture message.

Stay tuned for another Talk Up A Storm feature next Wednesday!
    Last edited by jaymojones; 09-24-08 at 11:33 AM.
    09-24-08 11:27 AM
    Wednesday will never be exciting unless they say..."O and come get your phone now"
    09-24-08 11:33 AM
    so how many talking points were in that leaked doc yesterday? 32? ok 32 weeks of "talking up a storm"

be sure to drink your ovaltine...

ovaltine?
    09-24-08 11:35 AM
    Damnit I want this phone NOW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 11:39 AM
    This is a very lame marketing push. This is not creating hype it is creating boredom. Get the phone into some reviewers hands and let the reviews stand for themselves. That will create hype for sure.

09-24-08 11:43 AM
    Amen. Just release it already. I freakin' hate my Treo!
    09-24-08 11:47 AM
    Exactly. I'm getting more so BORED with the information. Have a contest to let someone HAVE it before hand

or announce a release date, damn.
    09-24-08 11:48 AM
    How is it a lame marketing push? 90% of those seeing these emails are going to purchase the device. This isn't Verizon's first rodeo.

09-24-08 11:48 AM
    And I would imangine a lot of people who signed up for the emails aren't on forums to know the info already. So to them it is exciting.

09-24-08 11:52 AM
    Aren't those just internal Verizon emails?

If we didn't have the leaked information from yesterday and all we had to go on was what we just saw today about a 3.2MP camera, I think there might have been a riot on our hands.
    09-24-08 12:00 PM
    i can hear people whining about this already --
    Customers can record video in the normal (240 x 180) format
    09-24-08 12:03 PM
    I find this marketing strategy to be very off putting. After seeing the Power Point presentation yesterday, I was all stoked for this phone...again, but now they throw us this little teaser crap. After a while, people get tired of being teased, and they say forget it. I really feel this is a poor move on Veizon's part. But what do I know? They're the big boys, and there must be some method to their madness.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-24-08 at 12:47 PM.
    09-24-08 12:05 PM
    If I am correct, the email with the camera specs is an email to those who signed up at Verizon's site. I didn't sign up so I'm not 100% on that. But then the document yesterday, the powerpoint, was internal and leaked, therefor having much more info.

09-24-08 12:11 PM
    @spotmark. The whole thing is you or anybody else except thos under NDA weren't supposed to see that Power Point. So its not like Verizon is teasing anyone.

09-24-08 12:19 PM
    I find this marketing startegy to be very off putting. After seeing the Power Point presentation yesterday, I was all stoked for this phone...again, but now they throw us this little teaser crap. After a while, people get tired of being teased, and they say forget it. I really feel this is a poor move on Veizon's part. But what do I know? They're the big boys, and there must be some method to their madness.
    I guess they weren't anticipating the leak of the full presentation, therefore taking the wind out of the sails of today's Wednesday tidbit. Hopefully the "leak" of the AT&T internal document, will spur Verizon into putting out some more meaty info....
    09-24-08 12:19 PM
    @CX, While I agree that the PP was not meant to be seen by the "outside world", I think that these weekly Wednesday emails are carefully crafted and executed ads, meant to be seen by everyone, and they are indeed teasers.
    09-24-08 12:23 PM
    i can hear people whining about this already --
    The spec posted by Kevin stated
    Video capture. Normal mode (480�320) and MMS mode (176�144)

09-24-08 12:38 PM
    @CX I agree that 90% of those who receive the emails will be buying. However, it is the goal of a quality marketing campaign to expand awareness and drive sales into the remaining population of "on the fencers" and "not aware of the product". By stringing along the "sure to buy" they are loosing momentum and therefore opportunity to maximize on word of mouth advertising or also know as "hype" to drive penetration into the "on the fence" and "not aware" markets. If you study (dare I say it) Apples original campaign they did this very well. I cannot think of a VZW product that they launched that would remotely compare to the flare, excitement and energy that surrounded the original Iphone launch. I agree that the Storm has the potential to be huge. I just hope VZW (and RIM) do their part to make it happen. Just my opinion.

/rant
    09-24-08 12:42 PM
    lol ive waited an entire week to learn ....nothing
    09-24-08 12:45 PM
    lol ive waited an entire week to learn ....nothing
    EXACTLY! That's what I mean when I say this is off putting (and obviously, the majority of the posters in this thread feel the same way). Imo, the best thing VZW could do at this point, is announce a release date. Then we all have something to look forward to, and VZW can start an all out marketing blitz.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-24-08 at 12:53 PM.
    09-24-08 12:50 PM
    exactly, I have a friend on ATT who's contract is just about up and is going to get the Iphone. I told him about the storm and showed him everything here on crackberry.com and hes hyped up for it. But he's not sure of a release date and doesnt want to end up waiting till december when he could get his iphone now. I no december is later than expected release dates but none of us are 100% sure. Its these types of customers Verizon could miss the boat on the longer they wait to release a date.
    09-24-08 01:17 PM
    Tried to find the leaked powerpoint you guys are talking about but can't find it. Can somone give me the link for what you are talking about.
    09-24-08 01:22 PM
    @CX, While I agree that the PP was not meant to be seen by the "outside world", I think that these weekly Wednesday emails are carefully crafted and executed ads, meant to be seen by everyone, and they are indeed teasers.
    The Wednesday updates are supposed to be for internal Verizon employees to better share with customers.

I have signed up for the email updates and these "Talk up a Storm" weekly updates are not officially distributed outside of Verizon. We owe a lot of thanks to our insiders for sharing with the rest of us.

There hasn't been anything official from Verizon to the general public except what you have seen on the verizonwireless.com/storm website.

09-24-08 01:28 PM
    Tried to find the leaked powerpoint you guys are talking about but can't find it. Can somone give me the link for what you are talking about.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/rea...74/index8.html
    09-24-08 01:28 PM
    I think that the people that are following this device (like us addicts) make up a very small percentage of the market. My mom, dad, and two brothers all have bb's. I am the bb addict of the family, although surprisingly my mother is becoming one when 4 months ago she didn't know how to txt message.
    Anyways, my mom and dad have not even heard of the Bold. I asked if they were going to upgrade and they were clueless about it. Same goes with the Storm. My dad didn't believe me that one exists.
    This goes to prove that we make up a small part of the market and have the time and addiction to follow and wait for every piece of leaked info. We have spoiled ourselves with all the leaked info and we still want more. Verizon or RIM have no obligation to leak info periodically to feed the addiction of the small group that are following this phone religiously. Don't expect anything and any further info released in the future will be that much sweeter.

09-24-08 01:33 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD