Sorry to start a new thread, but I'm hoping for a quick response or two.

I'm about to wipe my Storm in hopes that that pesky "Could not open the camera..." error message will go away. I've done the basic backup as well as backed up my third-party apps...is there anything else I should do before I go ahead and wipe??

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    06-19-09 07:47 PM
    This is funny! I myself am right about to wipe too. I did a backup and 3rd party backup and am about to run jl_cmdr.

Good Luck!
    06-19-09 07:50 PM
    You have enough battery? Don't start this process if you are low.
    06-19-09 07:51 PM
    go to Home Depot and buy a 20oz Eastwing hammer. Proceed to smash the $hit out of your phone. Problem resolved...

Seriously, the only resolution I found for that error was a battery pull. Not a "Quick Pull" but a full on battery pull until it happened again. Welcome to Storm ownership, have a nice day...

I guess you could always go through the whole wipe and reinstall, then three hours later when you have the phone just the way it was before realize nothing has changed. I say this out of experience. Not necessarily for that error but other issues. Good luck
    Last edited by WERA_Cannoli; 06-19-09 at 07:53 PM.
    06-19-09 07:51 PM
    Just make sure you do a full backup (inc. 3rd party apps), and then wipe and re-install the OS, also making sure of course to use the latest version!

Doesn't take that long, and may fix your problem...so why not?
    06-19-09 07:55 PM
    Further jitters --

Should I do the basic options/securityoptions/... method to wipe or figure out how to use crackutil or jl_cmdr?
    06-19-09 07:57 PM
    Further jitters --

Should I do the basic options/securityoptions/... method to wipe or figure out how to use crackutil or jl_cmdr?
    If you wipe from the phone, this will only take it back to a state like when ya first got it, that is no 3rd party apps or personal information. In other words, back to factory settings and apps.

You can do this, it is easier than a full wipe with JLCmdr. And will probably help.

My advice, no matter which method you choose, don't restore 3rd party apps and themes. Re-install them from scratch instead. Just restore contacts, calendar and such. Which can be easily accomplished by synching.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 08:08 PM
    Further jitters --

a "wipe" means jl_cmdr. The other is just a settings wipe. But from my limited experience (wiped and upgraded to every leaked OS from the Storm launch) a wipe does very little to "fix" your phone.
    06-19-09 08:09 PM
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to do the handheld wipe (I don't want to cause myself any additional problems) and cross my fingers. If the camera still won't work, I'll have to - very reluctantly - bring it back to Verizon for a replacement. I'll try to remember to post with results...
    06-19-09 08:14 PM
    Wahhhhhhh. The error message is still there So frustrating.
    06-19-09 08:28 PM
    see post 4...
    06-19-09 08:31 PM
    Did you go through with the full wipe and get everything working?
    06-20-09 01:08 AM
    I'm with him ^.. What OS are you running? I've never ran into that problem.

go to Home Depot and buy a 20oz Eastwing hammer. Proceed to smash the $hit out of your phone. Problem resolved..
    Good call on the Eastwig.. Can't destroy them. I've had my block and claw for 5 years..
    Last edited by Timsterpeck; 06-20-09 at 03:21 AM.
    06-20-09 03:17 AM
    go to Home Depot and buy a 20oz Eastwing hammer. Proceed to smash the $hit out of your phone. Problem resolved...

Seriously, the only resolution I found for that error was a battery pull. Not a "Quick Pull" but a full on battery pull until it happened again. Welcome to Storm ownership, have a nice day...

I guess you could always go through the whole wipe and reinstall, then three hours later when you have the phone just the way it was before realize nothing has changed. I say this out of experience. Not necessarily for that error but other issues. Good luck

Dont spend any money on the hammer!!! Just throw the Storm in the garbage.
    06-20-09 11:10 AM
    Dont spend any money on the hammer!!! Just throw the Storm in the garbage.
    Pretty easy for you to say when you're still using yours.
    06-20-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD