Any way of setting a landscape background? When the phone is locked but in landscape position, it just goes to the defualt generic background. I looked around for a way to change it. Anyone figured out a way to do it?
    11-25-08 07:17 PM
    Any way of setting a landscape background? When the phone is locked but in landscape position, it just goes to the defualt generic background. I looked around for a way to change it. Anyone figured out a way to do it?
    I too would like to know, been searching all around for a answer and looking on the BB for any setting like portrait were you can pick the picture.
    11-25-08 11:46 PM
    can some one help me to on how to do thatplz.
    11-26-08 01:42 AM
    i could be wrong, but i don't think its possible
    11-26-08 01:57 AM
    There isn't any background in landscape mode, just solid opaque icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 02:27 AM

There's a background when the phone is locked. See attachment (the white rectangles are just me editing out personal contact info).
    11-26-08 02:36 AM

I'm not asking about when you are viewing the menu, but when you lock the phone. I know you can only see it for 5 seconds or so, but I'm still curious.
    11-26-08 02:38 AM
    nope not possible.
    11-26-08 02:39 AM
    I'm not asking about when you are viewing the menu, but when you lock the phone. I know you can only see it for 5 seconds or so, but I'm still curious.
    It's more than 5 seconds or so if you also wake your phone up when holding it in the landscape orientation
    11-26-08 02:40 AM
    nope not possible.
    figured. thought i would ask anyway. thanks.
    11-26-08 02:40 AM
    still no solution? Seems kind of stupid the phone displays a generic blue background when it's locked and horizontal
    11-28-08 12:52 PM
    anyone still working on this or is it confirmed that it cant be done?
    12-01-08 12:07 AM
    I wouldLike to know as well. It would be cool to tave a different landscape background than when in portrait.

12-01-08 12:38 AM
    i think it will be possible down the road.
    12-01-08 02:38 AM
    I've dug through the whole o.s. and it doesn't seem possible. Not without altering the o.s. which can be done with software. I don't think the demand will be great enough for anyone tp create it though.

12-01-08 03:46 AM
    I've dug through the whole o.s. and it doesn't seem possible. Not without altering the o.s. which can be done with software. I don't think the demand will be great enough for anyone tp create it though.

Maybe a way to find out where that image is located? then just replace it?

HA! i dont know, could that work?
    12-01-08 04:04 AM
    We really should have the option to change that blue background. It swaps our original wallpaper in place for the gradient blue one. horrrible
    12-04-08 12:24 AM
    still no solution? Seems kind of stupid the phone displays a generic blue background when it's locked and horizontal

When the phone is locked there are no icons, opaque or otherwise and you can see that blue background. But when the phone is unlocked the icons take it's place and they are opaque just like when you pull up the icons from the home screen. As far as I can tell, only the home screen icons are transparent. This is why there is no pic for landscape.

Yes, I agree this is stupid but I suspect when folks are able to make themes for the storm, this can be corrected of sorts, making the icons transparent in landscape. Just guessing tho, could be wrong.
    12-04-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD