Is it just me or does the interface seem to lag? There's a noticeable delay between when I place my finger lightly on the touchpad and when the part I'm highlighting actually well... highlights. I've checked my system memory and I have 20-40 MBs of plenty of Device and Media Card memory. And it's not just the highlighting. There's also a huge delay between when I click something and the action actually occurring. Anyone know what's wrong/have a fix? Additionally how do I turn the 3G function on? the upper right of my phone always says 1X or 1XEV. I live in the greater Seattle region so I should be able to get 3G.
    12-30-08 02:24 AM
    What OS are you running, try updating to .75 or .85.

Verizon's 3g is called EVDO Rev.A. Not 3g.
    12-30-08 02:25 AM
    Is it just me or does the interface seem to lag? There's a noticeable delay between when I place my finger lightly on the touchpad and when the part I'm highlighting actually well... highlights. I've checked my system memory and I have 20-40 MBs of plenty of Device and Media Card memory. And it's not just the highlighting. There's also a huge delay between when I click something and the action actually occurring. Anyone know what's wrong/have a fix? Additionally how do I turn the 3G function on? the upper right of my phone always says 1X or 1XEV. I live in the greater Seattle region so I should be able to get 3G.
    Verizon's 3G is 1XEV.
    12-30-08 02:27 AM
    1xev is verizon's version of 3g

if you were in europe you'd see 3g in the display

i live in bellevue and the reception right where my house is IS HORRIBLE for all phones. most of the time i'm at 1x or the dreaded 'searching for service'
    12-30-08 02:27 AM
    Thanks for all your help. I'm on vacation at the moment, but I'll plug my phone into my PC as soon as I get home and get the update... unless someone knows how I can check my version and update from my phone directly. I got a wireless update alert a few weeks back and I updated, but I'm not sure what version I'm running.

Edit: Ok, so I found the Wireless Update feature under Options and it can't find any updates for me. It says I'm currently running 4.7.0.75.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 12-30-08 at 02:35 AM.
    12-30-08 02:30 AM
    How can I update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 05:47 AM
    How can I update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Look in the storm os/os beta discussion sub forum.
    12-30-08 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD