Ok, so first off here are my settings.

Media Card Support: ON
    Encryption Mode: NONE
    MTP: ON
    Mass Storage Mode Support: ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: YES

Now, when I connect the Storm to the computer, it recognizes both the onboard memory of the Storm and the MicroSD card. However, when I open up the media card, it only shows two folders and does not include the movies, music, pictures, blah blah blah. I searched and searched to see what could fix this and all of the options I've gone through haven't done anything. I can add a video folder to the card but it will be gone the next time I plug the phone in. If I add videos to the card when I make the folder, it will add them but they won't show up either next time I connect the Storm.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    04-10-09 11:59 AM
    I'm a brand new storm user myself (and this is my first post here) so hopefully someone with more experience will answer you....but I spent hours trying to figure out why I couldn't see all these folders everyone was talking about.

What solved it for me was installing Blackberry Media Sync from here:
    http: //na.blackberry.com/eng/services/media/mediasync.jsp

you'll have to remove the space I inserted after the : (guess new people aren't allowed to help others by giving links)

For some reason Device Manager kept failing when trying to install it so I had to do it separately. Once I got that done, I was able to see and access all the folders and transfer my ringtones over from my Q to the storm without issue.
    04-10-09 01:08 PM
    Hmm ok. Thank you for the response! I'm going to try that but I don't want to have another app on my phone for the long term. So I'll see what other options I can find.
    04-10-09 11:39 PM
    If all your mass storage modes are enabled it should allow you to see the folders. Did you save the settings? If so have you tried a reboot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 12:55 AM
    Yeah it hasn't done anything for me. Not sure what I could do at this point. Possibly use my backups again?

04-11-09 01:56 AM
    To Yung, set your auto enable mass storage mode to prompt instead. This will display a prompt on your BB asking if you want to use mass storage mode. If you click yes it will enter mass storage mode, if you click no it will use media transfer protocol. The reason why you are seeing the folders you are is because your device is going straight to media transfer protocol mode. You can also set MTP to off but this method will allow for you to use either mode depending on what you need to sync.

04-11-09 02:43 AM
    Ok, so I did that and still a no go. So what I did afterward was reformat my MicroSD card. It worked. I had already formatted it before reinstalling all of my backed up info. Fluke maybe? I figured since it is it's own entity, not part of the Storm, that it wouldn't be affected by a reboot. Thanks everyone for your help. Now that I feel half ******** for not thinking of this sooner haha.
    04-11-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD