Overall, I'm very happy with my storm but....the status light is giving me a problem. I cant understand why, after it charges all night, the status light works and I wake up to a green light(fully charged). Then I turn on the phone, the green light blinks, when it picks up coverage, but the after 2-3 minutes it goes off and doesn't come back on? Its been happening for the past two days and its very annoying! It isn't enough that we only get ONE ring, when some sends us a message, but now the status indicator light doesn't even stay on; when I have coverage. It doesn't even turn on when I recieve a message. I keep checking the settings, and of course its set to "on". Is any one having this same issue, or can anyone help me solve this little problem....mind you, this is the only problem i'm having with the storm.
    11-25-08 08:21 AM
    Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Here is a quick guide to the LED indicators of your BlackBerry.

Blue - Blue is for Bluetooth. A flashing blue light indicates an active connection via bluetooth. Enable/disable this feature under Applications > Options > Bluetooth > Menu > Options > LED Connection Indicator: On/Off

Green - Green is for coverage indicator. Who really wants to be continuously reminded they are in a service area? Not me. Enable/disable this "feature" under Applications > Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator On/Off

Red- This is the good one! A flashing red light indicates a new message is waiting. Check under your messages folder for any unread items. You can choose to be notified of new messages visually under Applications > Profiles > Advanced > [Select profile you wish to modify] > [Select message type you wish to modify] > Repeat Notification LED Flashing/Off

Yellow - Yellow indicates that you are running out of battery. Find a charger quickly! Thanks Catt!
    11-25-08 08:28 AM
    Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Here is a quick guide to the LED indicators of your BlackBerry.

Blue - Blue is for Bluetooth. A flashing blue light indicates an active connection via bluetooth. Enable/disable this feature under Applications > Options > Bluetooth > Menu > Options > LED Connection Indicator: On/Off

Green - Green is for coverage indicator. Who really wants to be continuously reminded they are in a service area? Not me. Enable/disable this "feature" under Applications > Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator On/Off

Red- This is the good one! A flashing red light indicates a new message is waiting. Check under your messages folder for any unread items. You can choose to be notified of new messages visually under Applications > Profiles > Advanced > [Select profile you wish to modify] > [Select message type you wish to modify] > Repeat Notification LED Flashing/Off

Yellow - Yellow indicates that you are running out of battery. Find a charger quickly! Thanks Catt!
    Thank you for the info, but i know all that. What asked was, why does the status light, sometimes go off and never come back on. It shuts itself off and never comes back on, untill i do a soft reset, and sometimes that doesn't even work?
    11-25-08 08:33 AM
    So how do i know that my storm is being charged when fully turned off? the led light? can someone plz explain.
    11-26-08 01:07 PM
    So how do i know that my storm is being charged when fully turned off? the led light? can someone plz explain.
    I think the light should still blink
    11-26-08 01:09 PM
    double check that your not in bedside mode, go to clock options, and then exit bed side mode.
    11-26-08 01:12 PM
    I am having a similar issue. With my old blackberry, when I recieved a new message the light would flash red for quite a while (10-15 minutes). The Storm only flashes red for a minute or so. Not very useful unless I am looking directly at the device. Any thoughts on where to change the amount of time the LED flashes red?
    11-28-08 09:51 PM
    I had this happen to me once. I went under options and the screen/keyboard setting and turned the led off, exited, and saved. I then did a bat. pull I turned the phone back on and turn the led on and its been good ever since.
    11-28-08 10:07 PM
    Thanks, I found my problem, it was in the profile (phone calls only) that was set on the phone. I made a custom profile and all is good! There is quite a post on the clock bedside mode that may be the problem suitedup07 is having.
    11-28-08 10:22 PM
    Terrifc post. Great info, easily searched for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:49 AM
    hey for some reason my led only blinks green when its almost dead...not yellow??? is this normal?
    11-29-08 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD