Just got off the phone with VZ support. I had a couple of issues last week. They actually did research an got back with me. Great service.

1) When the phone sat for a couple of hours and then used the speed dial it dropped my Bluetooth and went to the handset.

This is a known issue. Working to correct in next OS upgrade.

2) Can't answer phone when it rings. If the phone rings in landscape I couldn't get it to answer. Usually, when it was laying flat and was in horizontal mode.

This is a known issue. Working to correct in next OS release. Work around is to make sure that it changes back to vertical mode, then use the green key (not the screen key). Seems to work.

Anyone have any more confirmed (or at least promised) fixes coming?
    12-15-08 04:02 PM
    They have a special project at Verizon when it comes to software problems with the STORM.

If you talk to a Blackberry Technical Rep at the Verizon customer service department, they have a log called "issues log" which deals with the Storm and Storm only.

If you have a problem, ask them if your issue is already in their "issues log".
    12-15-08 04:25 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZ support. I had a couple of issues last week. They actually did research an got back with me. Great service.

1) When the phone sat for a couple of hours and then used the speed dial it dropped my Bluetooth and went to the handset.

This is a known issue. Working to correct in next OS upgrade.

2) Can't answer phone when it rings. If the phone rings in landscape I couldn't get it to answer. Usually, when it was laying flat and was in horizontal mode.

This is a known issue. Working to correct in next OS release. Work around is to make sure that it changes back to vertical mode, then use the green key (not the screen key). Seems to work.

Anyone have any more confirmed (or at least promised) fixes coming?
    I have had those happen to me, even with .75 installed. I also have trouble with Visual Voice Mail. I kept getting an "Incompete XML" message and I was not receiving any visual voice mail. I ended up having to uninstall and reboot. Then, I yanked the battery and rebooted again. From there, I reinstalled Visual Voice Mail. It seems to work, but every so often, it asks me to login again. Hopefully, the next release will correct this problem.
    12-15-08 05:09 PM
    They are also going to fix the ringtones issue - the ringtones issue is that if you put a custom ringtone for a person, and then put the phone in silent or vibrate mode, apparently on some people's phones, the rings will still play - which can be quite embarassing if this happens in a movie or a meeting.
    12-15-08 05:09 PM
    They are also going to fix the ringtones issue - the ringtones issue is that if you put a custom ringtone for a person, and then put the phone in silent or vibrate mode, apparently on some people's phones, the rings will still play - which can be quite embarassing if this happens in a movie or a meeting.
    .....or in Court during your traffic case. Fail, big time.
    12-15-08 05:29 PM
    .....or in Court during your traffic case. Fail, big time.
    Yeah I agree Richs10. I sure as heck don't need my STORM to ring while I'm in Court. That would be real bad! I don't trust this phone (yet) that much to try it. After the Baliff would take my phone I would have to sit in Court the rest of the day before getting my Storm back at the END of the day.
    12-15-08 06:34 PM
    lol yea my town used to have a judge nick named hangin hank and this mofo only handled traffic tickets...i left my phone in the car lol
    12-15-08 06:39 PM
    i've found that there are more answers here than any tech person can have at verizon.

i had to offer the solution to my problem when i had issues with vvm.
    12-15-08 06:47 PM
    I have had those happen to me, even with .75 installed. I also have trouble with Visual Voice Mail. I kept getting an "Incompete XML" message and I was not receiving any visual voice mail. I ended up having to uninstall and reboot. Then, I yanked the battery and rebooted again. From there, I reinstalled Visual Voice Mail. It seems to work, but every so often, it asks me to login again. Hopefully, the next release will correct this problem.
    Call VZW tech support and have them reset the notification timer for your VVM. I had issues with VVM not letting me know I had messages that were left anywhere from 3-10hrs prior, which screwed up business for a few days. After the reset things seem to be working much better
    12-15-08 06:55 PM
    You can temporarily fix this issue by creating your own profile. I found out that if you create a custom profile that it will override the custom user setting. So normally the only time you set it to something is either silent or vibrate. Just create and new profile and set the vol to silent on everything and you have yourself a silent profile. Just adjust the vibrates and your all set.
    12-15-08 07:36 PM
    They have a special project at Verizon when it comes to software problems with the STORM.

If you talk to a Blackberry Technical Rep at the Verizon customer service department, they have a log called "issues log" which deals with the Storm and Storm only.

If you have a problem, ask them if your issue is already in their "issues log".
    If it takes a "special project" to get Verizon to start tracking issues in an "issues log" then I am not so confident in their "It's the network" b.s.

Though I have no proof of information one way or the other, I believe they are taking special care to track issues with the Storm.
    12-15-08 07:56 PM
    If it takes a "special project" to get Verizon to start tracking issues in an "issues log" then I am not so confident in their "It's the network" b.s.

Though I have no proof of information one way or the other, I believe they are taking special care to track issues with the Storm.
    This is standard on all new releases.
    They also do monitor places like this., although i'm sure the cb storm forum scared them off quite some time ago..
    12-15-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD