Hi -

Shortly after installing .99 OS I have noticed that the typing on on my Storm has become more difficult and has many more errors. I was really feeling like I just about "had it" with respect to typing fast on the keyboard (full keyboard in landscape) but now it is all messed up.

When I text it seems that half the time I press SPACE with my thumb a period gets inserted at the end of the word I just typed - also, letters seem to get capitalized for no apparent reason

So. FRequEntly. My texts. End. Up loOking. LikE. ThIs.

Which would be fine if I were an adolescent girl or if I was typing a ransom note, but I'm not.

I checked (and have played around with) the keyboard settings to no avail - I think the settings used to max out at 100 for both interval and hover - one of the OS updates seems to have changed the range so that 100 is now the low-end setting and interval maxes at 500, hover at 1000. I currently have them set at 500 and 1000 respectively with swipe sensitivity high.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? Are there settings that might be better? Thanks!
    02-11-09 11:18 AM
    Hi -

Shortly after installing .99 OS I have noticed that the typing on on my Storm has become more difficult and has many more errors. I was really feeling like I just about "had it" with respect to typing fast on the keyboard (full keyboard in landscape) but now it is all messed up.

When I text it seems that half the time I press SPACE with my thumb a period gets inserted at the end of the word I just typed - also, letters seem to get capitalized for no apparent reason

So. FRequEntly. My texts. End. Up loOking. LikE. ThIs.

Which would be fine if I were an adolescent girl or if I was typing a ransom note, but I'm not.

I checked (and have played around with) the keyboard settings to no avail - I think the settings used to max out at 100 for both interval and hover - one of the OS updates seems to have changed the range so that 100 is now the low-end setting and interval maxes at 500, hover at 1000. I currently have them set at 500 and 1000 respectively with swipe sensitivity high.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? Are there settings that might be better? Thanks!
    what is your Key rate set to? i had it set all the way up and had the same issues i turned it down a little and dont have that problem anymore.
    02-11-09 11:43 AM
    this happens to me as well

also when i press the BB key to send it shows me all my open applications
    02-11-09 11:59 AM
    I currently have them set at 500 and 1000 respectively with swipe sensitivity high.
    try changing them to 100 on each. swipe on high is fine.

i have not had the problem since i changed them to 100. even 300 isn't a big deal.
    02-11-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD