Today, for reasons unknown, my Storm keeps displaying the message "Turning Handheld Off". Sometimes it does turn off, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it turns itself back on.

I have not knowingly changed anything on the phone for months. I do use QuickPull and had it scheduled to reboot at 5:00 a.m., but unscheduled that. While at that, I checked to be sure the system time was correct. I checked to verify that Auto On/Off was still disabled. My battery is low (what's new?), but it's operated at much lower levels.

I do use QuickLaunch, and a couple days ago, I launched Toggle Bluetooth, but I was not on the main screen, so it did go poke a bunch of buttons that did not result in a bluetooth toggle, but I don't know what buttons were activated.

Would anyone have any idea what the heck is going on here?? Please??
    10-02-09 07:41 PM
    Did you do a battery pull?
    10-02-09 09:12 PM
    are you holding down your end key for too long?
    10-02-09 10:47 PM
    Yep, did several battery pulls.

And the End key was never pressed! I took nor made any calls. It just keeps cycling on and off.
    10-03-09 03:30 AM
    wife has simiar problem with her phone except she'll put her phone down, come back to it and it's off so i called VZW tech support did some trouble-shooting unable to find the issue with them now my wife is getting another one sometime next week
    10-03-09 12:33 PM
    What OS are you running?

Try installing another OS, or if you like the one you're running now, just do a wipe and reinstall it.

Some OSes act erratically at times. I've had what you describe happen to me a bit on some of the crappier 4.7 leaks. I've also had the radio cycle on/off on some 4.7 leaks...so it could definitely be the OS. Don't send it in to VZW just yet
    10-03-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD