Ok, I consider myself an advanced Storm user. I have had my storm since Dec 08 and have actually had no real complaints with the phone, even with .75. About a week ago I noticed while at work my phone will randomly reboot while sitting in its usb cradle about 3-5 times a day.

So I decide to pull it out of the cradle, do a batt pull. A few hours later its at it again. No big deal, whipe, and just sync my calendar and contacts and start from scratch. Same problem. Decide to pull the sim card and memory card out, same problem, still rebooting. Now I whipe, reload the OS, start from scratch again, problem persisting.

Now this issue only seems to occur when I am at work and have a weak signal. Keep in mind I have worked at the same place in the same spot since I bought my storm last year and never had this problem before.

Call verizon, get a new phone, and it does the same thing.

Call verizon they nicely tell me to get lost and take my issue to the store.

Anyone else have an issue with the storm booting at random when it has a weak or no signal? Just curious if that is attributing to my issue. Keep in mind the phone was whiped, had no 3rd party apps loaded at all and was still acting up.
    08-12-09 07:34 AM
    I have not had that problem, but some unstable OS leaks would cause random reboots, like .90 for example. Which OS are you on .75, or .148? Or another?
    08-12-09 08:06 AM
    Sorry, I am on the Verizon .148 release and have been since the day it came out.
    08-12-09 08:15 AM
    You might want to try OS 151, which I have on my megaupload site HERE

Might not fix your problem, but it's worth a shot AND 151 handles memory MUCH better than 148.
    08-12-09 08:21 AM
    I have this problem too and it only seems to occur with Verizon's official releases. This was never the case with any leaked OS's I've installed in the past. .75 and .148, which are official, have this problem, for me atleast.
    08-12-09 08:34 AM
    I have this problem too and it only seems to occur with Verizon's official releases. This was never the case with any leaked OS's I've installed in the past. .75 and .148, which are official, have this problem, for me atleast.
    Well glad I am not the only one with this issue. It seems weird though how mine just started doing it out of the blue. I do love the phone but this is just irratating.
    08-12-09 09:44 AM
    Another thing to try and I'm grasping at straws here would be to update your PRL via *228 option 2.
    08-12-09 10:18 AM
    Another thing to try and I'm grasping at straws here would be to update your PRL via *228 option 2.
    Thanks for the tip but already did that too. I think I have done every possible thing to resolve this, its just maddening.

I am loading .151 right now, lets see if it makes things any better.
    08-12-09 10:19 AM
    Yea, I'm going to try .151 tonight. My phone was flawless with leaked copies of the OS and it only seems to be the Official Releases that have been giving me problems.
    08-12-09 12:34 PM
    Yea, I'm going to try .151 tonight. My phone was flawless with leaked copies of the OS and it only seems to be the Official Releases that have been giving me problems.

Well I upgraded to .151 a few hours ago, and my storm rebooted about 5 minutes ago. UGH
    08-12-09 02:38 PM
    I had the same problem, I took the phone back and got another one
    08-12-09 04:20 PM
    Well I upgraded to .151 a few hours ago, and my storm rebooted about 5 minutes ago. UGH
    Well my replacement blackberry screen sucked, so I called and asked for another replacement. This one does not randomly reboot and the screen is perfect.
    08-24-09 06:30 AM
    DO they give you any hassle about trying to "prove" the reboot issue?

I have had all official releases and mine has been rebooting while i am talking...REALLY annoying!!!
    08-24-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD