When I TXT or send an email sometimes I need to send a number. Is there a way I can keep it in the number mode so I dont have to hit the number button before I type a number or symbol.

Sorry if this is really dumb but I cant figure it out.
    01-09-09 07:59 PM
    When I TXT or send an email sometimes I need to send a number. Is there a way I can keep it in the number mode so I dont have to hit the number button before I type a number or symbol.

Sorry if this is really dumb but I cant figure it out.
    Just press and hold the number button for about 2 seconds. That turns on number lock. You will see a little padlock on the numbers key. (It also works on the caps key to turn on caps lock.)
    01-09-09 08:06 PM
    Just tried this on the Curve, didn't work :-(
    01-09-09 08:51 PM
    I recommend reading the "Quick Start" handbook in your Blackberry box. It lists out a bunch of tips and tricks.
    01-09-09 08:52 PM
    Just tried this on the Curve, didn't work :-(
    It doesn't work on the Curve. To turn on number lock on the Curve, press the Alt key and the Left Shift key. To turn on cap lock on the Curve, press the Alt key and the Right Shift key.

The reason it is press & hold on the Storm is because you can't press two keys at once with the touch screen.
    01-09-09 09:43 PM
    It doesn't work on the Curve. To turn on number lock on the Curve, press the Alt key and the Left Shift key. To turn on cap lock on the Curve, press the Alt key and the Right Shift key.

The reason it is press & hold on the Storm is because you can't press two keys at once with the touch screen.
    Agreed. I had the Curve before my Storm and that is the proper way to do it.
    01-09-09 09:58 PM
    I think the OP is asking if the num lock can be on as the default.
    01-09-09 10:17 PM
    Do not know if you are able to set it up as default like Rooster mentioned at all. I have never seen it at all.
    However you could lock it into # mode by holding down the !?123 KEY and a little lock icon will appear on the button in the upper left.
    Hopefully your question was answered. Guess it could be interpreted in one or two ways depending on how you read it.
    01-09-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD