I just migrated to the Storm. This is my first smartphone and I must say that although there was a bit of a learning curve, it was relatively easy picking up most of the features. I have ringtones loaded, synced up with Gmail, etc.. All of it no problem.

But I have one minor issue: When texting, is there a way to stay in the numbers entry mode? I hit the smallkey that allows you to switch to numbers, but as soon as I enter a digit, it switches back to letters. Thus, if I want to enter consecutive numbers, I have to keep hitting the number key.

Is this something you can change from options, or is it just the nature of the phone?

Thanks in advance for any replies...
    12-11-08 02:45 PM
    you can just press and hold the little number icon, it'll come up with a lock key, i'd say hold it about 2 seconds at most, and it'll be locked, hit it again afterwards, and it unlocks.
    12-11-08 02:47 PM
    Just hold the number key for a second and the numbers will lock on screen. Tap it again to revert to a normal keyboard.
    I just migrated to the Storm. This is my first smartphone and I must say that although there was a bit of a learning curve, it was relatively easy picking up most of the features. I have ringtones loaded, synced up with Gmail, etc.. All of it no problem.

But I have one minor issue: When texting, is there a way to stay in the numbers entry mode? I hit the smallkey that allows you to switch to numbers, but as soon as I enter a digit, it switches back to letters. Thus, if I want to enter consecutive numbers, I have to keep hitting the number key.

Is this something you can change from options, or is it just the nature of the phone?

Thanks in advance for any replies...
    When switching to number entry mode, hold the key for a second. This will lock the numbers keypad. That's also true for caps.
    Yes all you need to do is hold the num button down and it will lock it . Once your done you can press it again and it will switch back .

P.s. you will know its in num lock when you get a lock symbol over the button.
    Wow that's some service. Four responses all at the exact same time.
    12-11-08 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD