Arrghh

Not a major issue but...

Just got my storm delivered which is meant to be locked to vodafone.

Bought the unlock code from unique for 6.99 using the crackberry discount.

Started to follow the instructions so put my o2 sim in and turned on the phone, to my suprise it found the o2 network and let me make a call looks like it isn't locked anyway.

Ah well just glad I found the uniquephone site and didnt use one that cost �30.

School boy error though eh.
    07-28-09 06:22 AM
    welcome to crackberry.

Reminder: this is a forum, not a blog.

Apologies if this sounds rude, but this post doesn't really serve to help anybody other than to reiterate that you should check your phone before spending money...
    07-28-09 06:45 AM
    I thought it may help someone else, or remind them to check it first before they buy a code.

Apologies if thats not acceptable.
    07-28-09 06:51 AM
    welcome to crackberry.

Apologies if this sounds rude, but this post doesn't really serve to help anybody other than to reiterate that you should check your phone before spending money...
    Respectfully, his post is no less "valuable" than yours. Because the post was not helpful to YOU does not make it useless. I actually believe the information is more helpful than a number of other threads here at CB. For example, this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/bb...4/#post3149740
    07-28-09 08:14 AM
    You might try contacting the unique folks, perhaps they will give you a refund or credit towards a future unlock code. They are pretty cool folks.
    07-28-09 08:16 AM
    I thought it may help someone else, or remind them to check it first before they buy a code.

Apologies if thats not acceptable.
    it's completely acceptable, as it's helped me

cheers!
    07-28-09 08:23 AM
    welcome to crackberry.

^^^^ Uh oh! Quick hide! Crackberry Hall monitor is a'comin'!
    07-28-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD