Well I made a post on here yesterday about how I had never seen my memory. Higher than 35mb. Well I went through and deleted every application I don't need or use. It got way better. I still notice a memory leak. Then I deleted weather bug, bam no memory leak now.
    Running a average of 50mb.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bbstorm_sciontc; 03-16-09 at 02:57 PM.
    03-16-09 02:53 PM
    yeah i deleted all the apps off my phone too except weatherbug and memory still leaks. thinking about deleting it off too but idk.
    03-16-09 03:15 PM
    I recommend it. It was the sure cause of my memory leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 03:27 PM
    I'm about to delete weatherbug to stop this damn memory leak.
    03-16-09 03:28 PM
    Do the update to 1.0 and it will minimize the memory leak that weatherbug has. There is no reason to keep 50MB of memory free. The device only needs 12MB to operate efficiently and I have had them run with even less than that with no issues. I don't see a point in keeping that much of the app memory open just because.
    03-16-09 03:34 PM
    Do the update to 1.0 and it will minimize the memory leak that weatherbug has. There is no reason to keep 50MB of memory free. The device only needs 12MB to operate efficiently and I have had them run with even less than that with no issues. I don't see a point in keeping that much of the app memory open just because.
    But I reckon mine slows down once I get below the 28MB mark or so. Or am I just imagining things / fixating on this?
    03-16-09 03:58 PM
    But I reckon mine slows down once I get below the 28MB mark or so. Or am I just imagining things / fixating on this?
    I would have to agree. I had even seen my memory drop to 256kb. I was scratching my head.
    03-16-09 04:11 PM
    I notice my Storm start to lag a bit when I drop below 20MB but that usually happens a few hours and lots of use after a battery pull/initial use in the morning. I deleted the weatherbug app and now my memory is actually staying at 35MB, which it has never actually stayed at for more than a few minutes until now. I'd recommend deleting weatherbug if you don't use it very often.
    03-16-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD