Ok so i took off the screen protector .... vzw brand , and it improved the sensitivity greatly, BUT it left a thin layer of sticky crap all over the screen.. any ideas on how to safely remove it ? i was thinking goof off lol
    12-02-08 01:54 AM
    Alcohol wipe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 02:05 AM
    ^^^ this is the way to go. You can pick up a box of swabs about 1 x 1 from walmart or other drug store for cheap. They are not non-streak so you will want a soft cloth such as microsuede to buff the screen a little after you clean it.
    12-02-08 02:10 AM
    Be careful
    12-02-08 02:11 AM
    ugh , this is my second storm im just scared of having the screen not work again .
    12-02-08 02:13 AM
    if you want to do it NOW, get a Q-tip and put it in rubbing alcohol then tap the Q-tip on a tissue so it doesn't have alot of RA on it. then rub it softly on the screen as you rub across screen pat with a kleenex that is all soft things. good luck let us know what you end up doing.
    12-02-08 02:19 AM
    Good Idea ^^

Yeah man, you can get wipes for the screen i have them for my phone just to give it that shine
    12-02-08 02:21 AM
    Sooks,maybe you have noticed my post on the same subject, at the same time of yours. Did the sensitivity improove really a lot?I still have the original protector. Do you suggest to remove it?
    12-02-08 02:23 AM
    i saw an improvement when i took it off, it was weird and took a little getting used to but i like it now its easier to navigate and such, i decided to do the q-tip idea and it worked thanks ! no more sticky !!!
    12-02-08 02:27 AM
    So your screen clicks good without using business cards? Lol

12-02-08 02:32 AM
    So your screen clicks good without using business cards? Lol

Actually...... SADLY , its the same damn problem i had before and i called the second i got it and they said they will 2 day another one , sooo im hoping third time is a charm.. if not ... idk what im going to do lol
    12-02-08 02:35 AM
    That sucks. I am just to damn lazy to call and request a new one when it will probab be the same. Sadly I am happy with the business card fix

12-02-08 02:42 AM
    Well glad it is working for you! I just thought the Q-tip would be the best thing. not many people have the wipes laying around lol!!
    12-02-08 02:51 AM
    lol true q tips is more common lol... and in regards to the business card fix and just leaving it alone .. idk just knowing it is there makes it feel cheap to me i dont like it lol
    12-02-08 03:03 AM
    ^^^^ sooks, that is the same thing I was thinking. Makes it seems cheap lol!! but not bashing anyone that has done it cause to each there on you know. lol!! well glad things are better for ya! Now send some of that Storm dust my way i'm tired of waiting of Telus to release this thing lol!!
    12-02-08 03:07 AM
    lol yah it must suck having to wait .. but think of it this way ... you should get the best OS by them time yall get it so thats a good thing
    12-02-08 03:11 AM
    SOOKS,

Sorry to go OT a little but how did you get your replacement so fast? I thought replacements get shipped out at the same time as the others? Just wondring since my GF may need a replacement.
    12-02-08 03:14 AM
    im not sure actually .. i ordered on the 24th didnt even get a confirmation email or a tracking number just showed up on my door. i did call and complain to about 10 different people who insisted that this was a software issue ... i wanted to slap them , but i finially got one with some intelligence and she said sorry about the issue we will have one out to you right away.. could have something to do with the work discount on the account its my dads and he works for the IRS lol
    12-02-08 03:19 AM
    i wonder if most people took this screen protector off...i left mine on, my gf left hers on as well. mine had a few tiny bubbles in it when i got it, i just smoothed the thing out with a credit card and the bubbles have been gone ever since. i don't even notice its on there to be honest...other then the tiny scratches on it. i'm still debating on what type of screen protector i'd upgrade to if i were to ever take it off.
    12-02-08 05:51 AM
    I have the original screes protector AND an Invisible Shield Protector and it works fine
    12-02-08 09:29 AM
    SOOKS,

Sorry to go OT a little but how did you get your replacement so fast? I thought replacements get shipped out at the same time as the others? Just wondring since my GF may need a replacement.
    I also received a replacement today. Or should I say it will be delivered today. I think they set aside replacement phones for the ones who return and ship 2 day. Mine shipped on 11/28 and it will arrive today (Same issue with the screen). I will be sending mine back if it has the same issue. But in the interim, I am using a credit card.

OK back on topic. Rubbing alcohol works wonders even to just get finger prints and smudges off or just to clean before you put on any type of protector like GA, IS or Phantom.
    12-02-08 09:38 AM
    if you want to do it NOW, get a Q-tip and put it in rubbing alcohol then tap the Q-tip on a tissue so it doesn't have alot of RA on it. then rub it softly on the screen as you rub across screen pat with a kleenex that is all soft things. good luck let us know what you end up doing.
    just a word of caution, i wouldn't use any paper goods (tissues, paper towels) on this phone. paper goods are products of trees and contain very fine particles of wood. these wood particles can easily scratch the finish on your screen.

a microfiber cloth would work well for removing fingerprints/polishing the screen.
    12-02-08 10:01 AM
    I'd use acetone, it'll cut through that glue no problem
    12-02-08 10:05 AM
    i wonder if most people took this screen protector off...i left mine on, my gf left hers on as well. mine had a few tiny bubbles in it when i got it, i just smoothed the thing out with a credit card and the bubbles have been gone ever since. i don't even notice its on there to be honest...other then the tiny scratches on it. i'm still debating on what type of screen protector i'd upgrade to if i were to ever take it off.
    What sooks took off is not the shipping screen protector you left on yours. Two totally different things and screen protectors have nothing to do with the way the clicking ability of the screen has. That's a physical defect in the screen/button design for the click technology on the screen.
    12-02-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD